Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What reaction.....?

5 posters

Go down

What reaction.....? Empty What reaction.....?

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:12 am

What kind of reaction do you get from people when out with your staffys? I have only ever had a few negative comments when out with Roxy. The majority of those have come from people who don't like dogs full stop so I am really pleased. Whats been your experiences?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

What reaction.....? Empty Re: What reaction.....?

Post by kerri Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:23 am

Well where we live we get a mixture of things said but i am happy to say i have changed a few peoples opinions on the breed
but some you will never change,
kerri
kerri

Female
Number of posts : 528
Humor : I like to think its good
Registration date : 2008-02-13

http://Blazinstaff.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:55 am

I've never had anyone say anything bad about Jade to me - everyone that meets her properly always say what a lovely temperament she has and are really surprised at what a big softy she is. I've had a few ignorant twits look at Jade with a look of fear and total disgust but I dont let it bother me. Sometimes though I can't blame them - Jade loves children and when we're out she will pull like mad towards them - I have a big family of children and she thinks that all chaildren want to play with her - if you're not used to dogs it would be unnerving seeing a dog trying to get to you with a mouth as big as Jades! :lol!:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by craigourstaffy Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:36 pm

I've never had anything bad said about tess when i've had her out but where i stay there's more staffies than any other breed of dog

but once when i had Tess at the vets a few months ago there was me at one end of the waiting room and everyone else sat at the other end, i was raging cause she was soo happy to see everyone and there dogs but then an old man came into the vets with his dog and sat right beside us and couldny praise Tess and the breed enough, made my day then
craigourstaffy
craigourstaffy

Female
Number of posts : 232
Humor : off ma head...lol
Registration date : 2008-03-04

http://www.staffyclub.com/Ali_

Back to top Go down

Post by Wiretim Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:10 pm

so far so good. everyone loves him, but then again they have no choice! My family and friends perceptions have changed alot about the breed, and other dog walkers i see, have been just as good. A few were a bit stand-offish at first, but once they saw him a few times, they fell in love too. He'll bark and whine at other dogs, but never aggressively and i think other owners recognise this fortunately. The only comment i've had was, "why are you trying to make him look hard with a camo harness..." Consider them put in their place! Incidentally, the woman concerned now loves seeing him on walks!
Wiretim
Wiretim

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:13 pm

We havent had any negative comments from people. When they go for walks kids usually come up to pat Bonnie but are a bit stand offish toward Max because his a tank. We have lots of staffies in the area too.
Lucy
Lucy

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by kenzo Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:19 am

I hear many negative coments about my dog when I`m out walking. I think it`s sad that they don`t have enough facts and don`t know much about the breed... I think that it`s why they say bad things about the breed. But I as an owner I stand up and present the breed in the best way I can...

I can give an typical example, let`s say a man comes over to pet him... he pets and ask; what kind of breed? I say staff... and then he pulls his hand away(???) Then I say; He`s the same dog you touch a few minutes ago!
It`s a shame....

But here in Norway Amstaff is not legal... and many here mix does two breeds... "don`t blame the breed, but the deed!"
kenzo
kenzo

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum