Licences/ Registration

Go down

default Licences/ Registration

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:03 am

Just wondering how everyone feels on the matter of registration. With all we read in the media and our own experiences I wondered everyones opinion on the question should all dogs be registered??

I feel yes there should be a governing body that registers every dog that is bred in this country and licenses for all owners. For every time the dog passes hands the register should be updated so that the dog is the responsibility of someone. For anyone who neglects a form of penalty should be imposed.

All dogs should be microchipped and the number relating to their license so that from the outset it is clear of the owner and who is responsible for this dog. This would mean that owners could not just turn their dogs out in the street instead of being responsible and trying to rehome them thereselves.

It may also reduce the numbers of back yard breeders as they would all have to register their litters which would of course incur a cost.

What does everyone else think?

Krissi

Back to top Go down

default Re: Licences/ Registration

Post by engladian on Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:01 pm

I agree completely but I have little faith in a governing body to uphold it just like every other law that there are no consequences too. In theory it's great. I have even heard some debate about all dog owners (especially of certain breeds) having to take a course in care and ownership, renewable each year along with licensing, and having to carry a card saying so if randomly spot checked. I would agree to doing this too in order to own the breed I do. Would weed out the undesirables as well I think. If dog and owner both had to pass yearly tests for temperament/health, etc. before receiving the current years license and card we would have less aggressive animals and more educated owners who wouldn't unwittingly or otherwise create an aggressive dog.
engladian
Admin Team
Admin Team

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-01-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum