Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello everyone

+2
dieselboy
DBDR
6 posters

Go down

Hello everyone Empty Hello everyone

Post by DBDR Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:43 am

Unlike probably the majority of members on this forum I do not have a Staffy.

However I am very concerned by the vast numbers of Staffies and their crosses which are in pounds and rescue centres all over the country and getting destroyed on a daily basis. Also care for the poor staffy dogs who are used in dog fighting . (Allegedly a ring operates near us - RSPCA are on the case)

The problem is obviously made worse by the massive over breeding of Staffies that goes on. I don't mean by the people who genuinely care about the breed , do the health checks and carefully vet where their puppies go. I mean the pin money breeders who advertise their dog for stud or puppies on free sites or in free papers - usually described as not KC reg but pedigree ! Sold to anyone who is prepared to pay the asking price - no questions asked and no follow up.

I try to do what I can by giving assistance to the rescue organisations who try to save the lives of all the poor outcasts by taking them out of the pounds when they are due to be destroyed.
As I am retired I cannot undertake the physical work involved in these rescues anymore so I do what is needed in the admin side. An armchair helper so to speak.

I am also a Petsearch and Doglost helper.

I am a welfare officer at my local rescue centre.

Give all your staffies a hug from me and in doing so think of all those who will not be getting any affection today.

DBDR

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-09-07

http://www.dogsos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone Empty Re: Hello everyone

Post by dieselboy Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:13 am

hi and welcome to the site.
i think that your great with all the work that you do with helping all these dogs and it would be great if there was many more people just like you to help these poor dogs.YOUR ONE IN A MILLION X
dieselboy
dieselboy

Female
Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by howlinmadmurdoch Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:39 am

Well done on the work you do - must break your heart on a daily basis, seeing all those wonderful dogs destroyed, through no fault of their own. You are clearly an amazing person to give so much of yourself and your time. We need more like you!

I'll give Murdoch an (extra) hug for you, and for all the dogs that won't get one today.
howlinmadmurdoch
howlinmadmurdoch

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by kaziwal Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:53 pm

You are truly amazing and the world is a better place for people like you. I wish there were more. I'm always hugging and kissing Lily and am grateful that I was able to rescue her. I will certainly be giving her an extra hug for you.
kaziwal
kaziwal

Female
Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:51 am

If only there were more people around like you! I spoil my girlie every day - I want to try and make up for the 5 horrible years she had before she came to us. She is an absolute brat and I am so proud of the progress she has made. Without people like you my girl wouldn't be enjoying her life to the max and ruling my roost!!!!xx
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kenmillix Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:47 pm

DBDR You do a great job and your heart and thoughts are in the right place, I agree 100% the things you mention are desroying the stafford and action needs to take place in the root causes that results in to many dogs on PTS
kenmillix
kenmillix

Male
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-09-17

http://we-love-staffys.dogsboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by p1nkangel Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:58 am

Hi there, welcome aboard. What fantastic work you do. I will certainly give my two a huggle right now! xo
p1nkangel
p1nkangel

Female
Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum