Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Strangeness

4 posters

Go down

General Strangeness Empty General Strangeness

Post by howlinmadmurdoch Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:03 am

Seeing as we're asking questions about the odd behaviour exhibited by our beloved pets, I'll see if any of you can explain this.
Murdoch will happily be playing with a toy (his kong for example) and will suddenly be overcome by the compulsion to chew at it through some fabric - usually a blanket or my duvet. This is a bit annoying as all my blankets have holes in and my duvet is habitually covered in slobber.
Is he burying and digging? Does he just like the soft texture? I've no idea. I've tried buying him plush toys, but he just destroys them in five seconds. I tell him off every time I catch him at it and confiscate the toy. He knows it's naughty but can't seem to stop himself doing it! Odd little dog .......
Any thoughts appreciated x
howlinmadmurdoch
howlinmadmurdoch

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

General Strangeness Empty Re: General Strangeness

Post by Wiretim Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:22 pm

that is strange.......no idea why....in a similar thing, when i come back from work, Milo has always piled the cushions up at one end of the sofa, and is lay on them, not the sofa itself.......fabric cushions, on a leather sofa, and he prefers lying on fabric. Odd little pig!
Wiretim
Wiretim

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by p1nkangel Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:11 am

My two girls play fight through our duvets LOL They actually work it out that one goes under the duvet and one stays on the outside then they "mouth" & nibble at each other through it! Its so funny to watch & they seem to be having so much fun when they do it! Odd little piglets indeed LOL
p1nkangel
p1nkangel

Female
Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by howlinmadmurdoch Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:13 am

Well despite not getting any kind of explanation for the oddness of my dog, I feel quite a bit better knowing that it's not just him! God love them, but they're really not normal are they?!!! I'd take him over a regular dog any day - never fails to raise a smile - even as I'm peering at him through YET ANOTHER hole in my blanket lol!
howlinmadmurdoch
howlinmadmurdoch

Back to top Go down

Post by Wiretim Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:56 am

D'ya know what, i never thought i'd have a staffy, but i think its the best decision i ever made, and wouldn't change him for the world. Bloody strange little pig that he is!
Wiretim
Wiretim

Back to top Go down

Post by howlinmadmurdoch Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:08 am

Yep, completely agree - my ex chose the hound and I'd probably have gone for a rescue Heinz 57, but he wanted a staffy so we got one. I've never looked back. Ditched the useless man and kept the amazing dog. Life worked out well for me!!
howlinmadmurdoch
howlinmadmurdoch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:11 am

I must agree - my little woman is my world! My OH comes a close second even though shes supposed to be 'his dog'!!!

Jadie loves playing with the OH on the bed and fighting with the duvet! Also, if shes bored I stick her 2 beloved balls into an old pillow case and she'll happily fly all round the room trying to get them out for ages!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by engladian Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:40 am

I feel jealous now! Kane does absolutely nothing, boring sot he is acting like he's 16 years old all the time. Jett is just hyper and crazy and Sugar just steal the OH's underwear. She has been crowned with the newest nickname of "Princess Underpants".
engladian
engladian
Admin Team
Admin Team

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Wiretim Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:57 am

engladian wrote:I feel jealous now! Kane does absolutely nothing, boring sot he is acting like he's 16 years old all the time. Jett is just hyper and crazy and Sugar just steal the OH's underwear. She has been crowned with the newest nickname of "Princess Underpants".

Milo is especially fond of thrashing socks around...
Wiretim
Wiretim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down