Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just How Many Types of Staffs Do We Need?

+3
Admin
Kyle
engladian
7 posters

Go down

Just How Many Types of Staffs Do We Need? Empty Just How Many Types of Staffs Do We Need?

Post by engladian Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:40 am

My husband ran into an older teen up the road awhile back with his new pup in his arms. Michael stopped to admire it and the kid went on about how it's a pedigree and so michael said oh it's a KC dog then, and the lad very proudly said no he's a King Staffy. :shock: Well thats a new one on me, but since then I have seen an advert for king staffy cross bullmastiff as well....wonder what they will call those now. :evil:
engladian
engladian
Admin Team
Admin Team

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down

Just How Many Types of Staffs Do We Need? Empty Re: Just How Many Types of Staffs Do We Need?

Post by Kyle Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:35 am

WTF? Thats funny name. Most likely street slang for pitbull or cross bred pitbull with larger breeds. Although i've never heard that before

Kyle

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down

Just How Many Types of Staffs Do We Need? Empty Re: Just How Many Types of Staffs Do We Need?

Post by Admin Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:52 pm

Kyle wrote:WTF? Thats funny name. Most likely street slang for pitbull or cross bred pitbull with larger breeds. Although i've never heard that before

Sound like pitbull slang to me too :suspect:
Admin
Admin
Admin Team
Admin Team

Male
Number of posts : 282
Humor : Whats that :)
Registration date : 2008-01-30

http://bullbreeds.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:04 am

Its ridiculous!! Its people like this that stir up the media and they are the ones who give the breed a bad rep.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dog-Mad-Lou Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:11 am

ive seen this on other sites aswell where "chavs" call them king staffs!!

theres no such thing!

god,, i hate chavs!!!
Dog-Mad-Lou
Dog-Mad-Lou

Female
Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-02-06

http://www.freewebs.com/dog-mad-lou

Back to top Go down

Post by philndeb76 Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:49 am

engladian wrote:My husband ran into an older teen up the road awhile back with his new pup in his arms. Michael stopped to admire it and the kid went on about how it's a pedigree and so michael said oh it's a KC dog then, and the lad very proudly said no he's a King Staffy. :shock: Well thats a new one on me, but since then I have seen an advert for king staffy cross bullmastiff as well....wonder what they will call those now. :evil:

Who in the world would cross a SBT with a Bullmastiff :shock: I hope the Dam is the Bullmastiff otherwise that poor dog is going to have a hard time delivering that litter.
There's some absolute morons in the world :evil:
philndeb76
philndeb76

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by skippy Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:24 am

People a couple of years back used to always refer to big dogs as king staffys. Basically all it meant is the dog was hopelessly too big for the standard and may well have been crossed with something else. The term went out of vogue when everyone started on with Irish Staffys. They're all just fads and will hopefully passquickly and painlessly.

skippy

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:51 am

skippy wrote: The term went out of vogue when everyone started on with Irish Staffys. They're all just fads and will hopefully passquickly and painlessly.

100% agree with you Skippy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by philndeb76 Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:40 am

Hey Skip. How ya doin? Long time no speak Just How Many Types of Staffs Do We Need? 796753
philndeb76
philndeb76

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by skippy Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:57 am

yeah, this forum kind of went down for a time....

skippy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:08 am

skippy wrote:yeah, this forum kind of went down for a time....

Not anymore though!! We are under new management! Skippy you have lots ok knowledge on the breed (and usually a lot to say!!! only joking!!). We have a few first time staff owners so please feel free to start new topics and pass on your wisdom.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by skippy Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:47 am

In all honesty, someone has to speak up for the dogs... they can't do it themselves.

skippy

Back to top Go down

Post by laurajo Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:26 pm

skippy wrote:In all honesty, someone has to speak up for the dogs... they can't do it themselves.

I agree its all the chas that own SBT that give them a bad name - im always defending ours to people who we meet, most people say its nice to seem them off their lead to see how friendly they can be.
laurajo
laurajo

Female
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down