Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dog Borstal

5 posters

Go down

Dog Borstal Empty Dog Borstal

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:13 am

Did anyone watch it last night on BBC 3?

Mick, who I think is fab was given a little chihuaua with a big attitude and he was gutted!!!!! He hated the little dog that much he asked the other guy to swap with him!
The other guy had 2 out of control male staffy crosses who were both stunning!!
They did so so well and both passed with a distinction bless them!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Dog Borstal Empty Re: Dog Borstal

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:19 am

No I didn't see it. I always miss it!! I love Mic Martin, I think he is hilarious. Loved the one with the EBT that got the better of him!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by craigourstaffy Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:53 pm

Aww i missed that one night, i think Mic Martin is brill :D
craigourstaffy
craigourstaffy

Female
Number of posts : 232
Humor : off ma head...lol
Registration date : 2008-03-04

http://www.staffyclub.com/Ali_

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:40 am

Another goregous staffie on there last night - Taz - a lovely red boy from Staffordshire! Mick had the pleasure again!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:10 pm

I personally think Mick Martin is a coward! Don't get me wrong he is a nice enough bloke but I find with dog borstal they go from one extreme to another, they either have a really out of control dog that they result in putting down, giving away or sending of without taking a test or a dog will come in with a few behaviour problems that are quite easy to sort out with a bit of common sense to make them look good.

Another thing that cheeses me off about this programme is all the dogs seem to go away passing with distinction, some I must say deserve it but others blaitantly don't do what they went in for but yet still come out with a red rossette.

I say get in Ceasar Milan and have done with dog borstal it is a load of shite!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:14 am

Mic Martin cracks me up but I find it silly what BBC are doing I'm sure he wouldent say carry a bag all the time and job so far if you paid him.
I like Rob but Lynne I rather despise "Any dog and i'l find a method that works" She had the american bulldog pts and that deaf bully she struggled with - me thinks she needs a new motto!

Kyle

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by engladian Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:52 am

I have read loads of good things about Mic on different sites as to what he is like as a person and apparently he's a really great guy. I like his no-nonsense approach to the people who have ruined the dogs in the 1st place. I guess because when I am asked for help and it becomes obviouse the people i'm dealing with are ruled by the dog thru no fault but their own I am almost as straight forward (without all the swearing)
engladian
engladian
Admin Team
Admin Team

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:26 am

He is very straight to the point with the dog owners which works really well.

I have only ever known them have one dog PTS on Dog Borstal - the Bulldog which I admit was a shame and I'm sure there was other methods they could've tried. But on the whole I really like the programme and their methods do seem very effective. The only thing I'm not sure of is the over use of rattlers - sometimes I just don't think they are neccessary. I know they don't hurt the dog but I don't think a dog should be scared shitless as a form of training.

There was a gorgeous staff on there last night called Maggie who was the spit of Jade apart from the pointy ears! Lovely girl!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:33 pm

Kyle wrote:Mic Martin cracks me up but I find it silly what BBC are doing I'm sure he wouldent say carry a bag all the time and job so far if you paid him.
I like Rob but Lynne I rather despise "Any dog and i'l find a method that works" She had the american bulldog pts and that deaf bully she struggled with - me thinks she needs a new motto!

That realy Pi$$ed me of that episode!!, With a proper trainer or owner that would of been a great dog I was so ANGRY!!!! :twisted: I do not want to watch that crap any more!!! I have seen a lot more aggresive dogs than that on there before so why put it to sleep, if it was a poodle she might of tryed No effort at all to help the dog but NO!! personally its the Bull part in the name why she pts I think. I watch to much Casar Millan he would of rehabilitate this american bulldog in a week, Dog Borstal is soooooo crap!. Between the 3 trainers I am positive that they could of came up with a solution to cure him, lazy crap trainers If I had a gun I would shoot Rob then Lynne then make Mic Martin do 20 press up then shoot wat a twat !!:evil:
Admin
Admin
Admin Team
Admin Team

Male
Number of posts : 282
Humor : Whats that :)
Registration date : 2008-01-30

http://bullbreeds.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by beedham3k4 Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:10 pm