Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prey Drive

2 posters

Go down

Prey Drive Empty Prey Drive

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:49 am

What are your dogs prey drives like? Roxy will chase any small object that moves but has never caught up with any of them yet so unsure if she means to play or attack. Staffs were used for ratting in the past so it is their natural instinct I know.

Whats your dog like?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Prey Drive Empty Re: Prey Drive

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:21 am

Jadey will randomly take off in the park after something only for me to discover when I catch up with her that it was a leaf!!!!! Anything that moves within reason, she'll give chase!
Shes not so bothered about birds but doesn't like ducks, rabbits or squirrels!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by engladian Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:09 am

Anything that moves Kanes on the chase but I doubt he would know what to do if his stubby little legs could carry him fast enough to ever catch anything. Prey Drive 796753
engladian
engladian
Admin Team
Admin Team

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by skippy Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:30 pm

Interesting topic, and I have the experience of having a broad spectrum of dogs, from totally disinterested, to destroy anything what moves at any cost! Personally I prefer a bit of drive in a dog. It makes them a LOT more of a handful to own, but, and this could be purely down to my training techniques, I also find it makes them easier and more pleasurable to train and more fun to own.

skippy

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum