Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thunder

2 posters

Go down

Thunder Empty Thunder

Post by laurajo Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:36 am

Just wondered if anybody else's Staffies are scared of thunder? Mista isnt to bothered by it just looks up and gives you a look as if to say 'who woke me up?' but Missy as soon as she hears it she jumps on my lap and is shaking from head to toe or she will go and sit in a corner on her own. My OH tells me to leave her be but I dont like seeing her like that, she is the same with fireworks.

Was wondering what other people do if there dogs are the same?
laurajo
laurajo

Female
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-02-10

Back to top Go down

Thunder Empty Re: Thunder

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:30 am

Jade is petrified of fireworks - last bonfire night I spent my evening in a cardboard box on the living room floor! The vet prescribed some valium for her as well but she was still beside herself!

Shes not to bad with thunder now. When we first got her she was terrified of any loud noise but shes chilled out a bit now. I'm the same as you - they do recommend that you leave them alone and ignore them when they're scared but I just can't do it - I feel so sorry for her!xx
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by laurajo Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:48 am

Im hoping she will get better as she gets older but is a nervous dog in general x
laurajo
laurajo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:40 am

Have you tried anything to help her? Jade has either valarian drops or Anxiety drops every day which takes the edge off her nervousness. She has improved a lot since we had her but she still has her moments! I've heard that DAP do a range of good products too - have a nosey on www.petplanet.co.uk - they've got loads on there.xx
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:55 am

Roxy is fine with fireworks but isn't keen on thunder or lightening. She doesn't shake but it makes her jump and she dives onto my lap for a bit of tlc!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:59 am

I've heard that dogs can feel the electricity in thier paws when they walk and they get mini electric shocks - has anyone else heard this?xx
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by laurajo Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:03 am

claire wrote:Have you tried anything to help her? Jade has either valarian drops or Anxiety drops every day which takes the edge off her nervousness. She has improved a lot since we had her but she still has her moments! I've heard that DAP do a range of good products too - have a nosey on www.petplanet.co.uk - they've got loads on there.xx

We havent tried anything as yet as we didnt know what to give her. Thanks for the link i will have a look on there x
laurajo
laurajo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by craigourstaffy Thu May 01, 2008 7:13 am

We've never had a thunderstorm here so i've not got a clue how Tess will react to her 1st one but hopefully she won't be too bothered when we do get one, she liked the fireworks, when i took her out in the garden to do the loo she stood and watched them, wierd dog Thunder 604305
craigourstaffy
craigourstaffy

Female
Number of posts : 232
Humor : off ma head...lol
Registration date : 2008-03-04

http://www.staffyclub.com/Ali_

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down