Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Training Methods

2 posters

Go down

Training Methods Empty Training Methods

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:15 am

Just wondering what methods we all used to train our staffs? Did some work better than others.

I clicker trained Roxy whick worked great as a pup but I find more difficult as a training method now she is older. Nowadays we have to just use repetition using food treats. We also attended puppy classes, which did not work for us at all as Roxy found it to exciting having so many barking dogs around her. When we changed to a smaller class it was great but unfortunately that filled up quickly too so then we gave up!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Training Methods Empty Re: Training Methods

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:30 am

***BUMP***

Anyone?!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by engladian Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:50 am

I have always used alot of similar methods as to what Cesar Milan does mixed with a bit of some of the old fashioned methods, some clicker training here and there....a bit of everything I guess. I can be a little more strict in my training at times as I believe that if you do it and mean business when they are young then you don't spend half their lifetime stressing them and yourself out with constant correcting. Then you can just get on and enjoy life with a well behaved dog.
engladian
engladian
Admin Team
Admin Team

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by p1nkangel Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:19 am

Bump Bump Bump Training Methods 673667

As I'm new to all this I too would love to hear training methods that worked... Training Methods 126367
p1nkangel
p1nkangel

Female
Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by engladian Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:20 pm

best to ask about a specific thing to be trained for and we can all tell you what has worked for us and maybe it will give you ideas. We would also like to hear what works well when raising 2 at the same. Never know, you could be the one to help someone else out with 2.
engladian
engladian
Admin Team
Admin Team

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by p1nkangel Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:30 pm

engladian wrote:best to ask about a specific thing to be trained for and we can all tell you what has worked for us and maybe it will give you ideas. We would also like to hear what works well when raising 2 at the same. Never know, you could be the one to help someone else out with 2.

Training Methods 422549 I honestly think that I have been blessed with two little Training Methods 221754 's... however watch this space Training Methods 99311 and as I say this they are both fighting over Homer Simpson Training Methods 422549 the slipper version that is!
p1nkangel
p1nkangel

Female
Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down