Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crates

3 posters

Go down

Crates Empty Crates

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:47 am

I have never crated Jade as I always thought they were cruel. I have since changed my mind and wondered what everyones thoughts on them were.xx
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Crates Empty Re: Crates

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:51 am

I crate Roxy, she loves her crate as she has all her toys in it and her food and a nice cosy blanket. Roxy chewed through my kitchen wall twice when she was a pup so we started crate training. I was really against it at the start but she loved it straight away. If I move her crate for cleaning she jumps in and refuses to get out!! :D
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by philndeb76 Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:22 am

I crated Brock from being 8 weeks old, he's just turned 21 months and i stopped crating him about a month ago after he proved that we was trustworthy. Beau is crated and will probably be for some time yet, i do intend to uncrate her as soon as i feel the time is right. It never bothered Beau to be crated whilst Brock was also but now he has free reign she whines a bit when i first put her in there.
I don't feel guilty, she's still a puppy and needs to be crated to keep her safe when i can't give her 100% attention.
philndeb76
philndeb76

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by kerri Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:20 am

I crated akasha from 8 weeks she was fine never bothered about it at all and you allways felt safe leaving her there i stopped about a year ago
Oakley is crated and he does find it a little harder he tries to scrape his way out lol
but as a whole i find they are a great asset
kerri
kerri

Female
Number of posts : 528
Humor : I like to think its good
Registration date : 2008-02-13

http://Blazinstaff.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:32 am

Sorry had to add this. Today I left the door to Roxys crate open as I am sleeping away tonight and didn't like the idea of her being in the crate that long, and I wanted to see what she would be like during the day having freedom. Anyway I was really nervous about it as she chewed like mad as a pup. Went home at lunch time... and where is she.... still in her crate. She wasn't sure about all this freedom lark!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:36 am

Aww bless her, what a good girl!! xx
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kerri Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:56 am

aw bless her
kerri
kerri

Female
Number of posts : 528
Humor : I like to think its good
Registration date : 2008-02-13

http://Blazinstaff.com

Back to top Go down

Post by engladian Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:03 pm

I have always believed in crate training. It gives them a space of their own and as a pup too much space and freedom can be a little overwhelming. I think it's excellent if you have rambunctious young children so the dog has a place to excape to and the kids can be taught when the dog goes in there it MUST be left alone. I think alot of dog bites on children in the home stem from the dog not having the option to go off in their own space and be left alone. It's also good for house training as they usually don't like to mess in their own den. I would think it more cruel to leave a pup to possibly chew on an electric cord or get into something potentially life threatening in times when you can't watch them 100% than to give it a cozy bedroom to stay safe in.
engladian
engladian
Admin Team
Admin Team

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: