Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tricks

5 posters

Go down

Tricks Empty Tricks

Post by Guest Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:04 am

Staffords are renowned for being stubborn but obedient and I was wondering what you had been able to teach your dogs to do.

Jade can 'sit', 'lie down', 'give both paws', 'stay', 'high five' and my newest one is 'say please' - I say 'whats the magic word?' and she will sit and bark for a treat or her ball. Manners don't cost anything!!
Working on 'spin' at the mo but the clumsy oaf is finding it hard!! :lol!:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Tricks Empty Re: Tricks

Post by engladian Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:48 am

Kane does sit, down, roll over, shake, hi-5, speak and rings his bell to ask to go outside.
engladian
engladian
Admin Team
Admin Team

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:13 am

Roxy does sit, down, roll over, gives both paws, high five, beg and says sorry (will go and give a kiss on command), she will also wave.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by maddiesowner Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:26 am

Maddie gives paw, lies down and rolls over for a treat but she puts them altogeter and won't do them indivdually lol
She only barks when the door goes or hears noise i really want her to bark for a treat like jade does? Claire how did you get jade to do that. I really want to train maddie to walk off lead to cuz of her breathing but can't do that when she walks she just goes in a trance lol
maddiesowner
maddiesowner

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:37 am

I just sat Jade down and held one of her balls/treats/cheese in my hand and waited for her to get frutrated enough to bark. When she did bark I would quickly give her the item and praise her. I slowly started to incorporate the words 'say please' right before she was about to bark and pretty soon she had it in the bag. It only took less than a hour for her to associate the words with getting what she wanted!!

Just use somesthing Maddie really loves - with Jade it was easy as she is very ball obsessed!! Let me know how you get on.xx

The balls are also great for when shes off the lead - as long as we have one of her balls in our hand she wont let us out of her sight!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by maddiesowner Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:21 am

Thans i will try it with her and see how i get on. I've tried saying send it off when holding her fav toy but she runs to door cuz that is what we say when door goes lol
maddiesowner
maddiesowner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:47 am

Aww bless her!! If you persevere I'm sure she'll pick it up really quickly - let me know how you get on.xx
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by maddiesowner Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:11 am

well tried maddie last night with her toy and she just keep jumping up to get it no bark will keep trying tho.
maddiesowner
maddiesowner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:27 am

Keep going!!! Jade wasn't very vocal at all at first but she did it!xx
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:52 pm

Jake does sit, lie , paw , Box , gentle , get the letters, stay from a distance, Stand/Free Stand he also understands the click and point of our fingers example a sharp point to the floor means lie and a close point to our feet means come here snd so on, Lmao Nikki is trying to teach jake to say I LOVE MY MUMMA :P
Admin
Admin
Admin Team
Admin Team

Male
Number of posts : 282
Humor : Whats that :)
Registration date : 2008-01-30

http://bullbreeds.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:01 am

I taught my dog 'say please' like Claire, but now everytime he's not sure what I want he barks!! :roll: He's a strange dog!

I have taught Eric to do spins. He seems to be a left-handed though. He spins neatly left and does a massive circle to the right!

Rachel

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:23 am

[quote="Rachel"]I taught my dog 'say please' like Claire, but now everytime he's not sure what I want he barks!! :roll: He's a strange dog!

Jade does the same!! Daft dogs!

Just taught Jade to beg (stand up on her back legs) nice and simple to teach her but looks effective! Gotta think of something else now!! Tried spin but she got looked at me like I'd gone mad and refused to move!! LOL!! Might give it another go!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by beedham3k4 Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:51 am

rome can sit give both paws laydown roll over and if ask for loves will jump up and put his head on your sholder bliss can sit give both paws and give loves but she carnt roll over as yet
beedham3k4
beedham3k4

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum