Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Door opening

2 posters

Go down

Door opening Empty Door opening

Post by Lucy Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:17 am

Has anybody ever heard of a staffy being able to open a securely closed door with the round handles??? One of my staffies not sure which one managed to do this and it has me baffled.

Because I had no idea one of them was this talented our new kitten which we got last Wednesday died of fright and she was a purebred russian blue kitten which we were planning on begining our breeding with!

They never touched her but she had a heart attack and we know they were near her because she was covered in licks! The breeder of the kitten has offered us another one which is already desexed but we are not sure if there is a cost involved yet or if it is worth bringing another kitten into the house seeing we can't seem to keep them away from the dogs long enough for the kittens to be ready to introduce to the dogs! We had started to train the dogs that they were not allowed to touch the kitten but could be within reason whilst supervised but its useless when your at work and they decide its playtime.

We are very sad from this but it is not the dogs fault the vet has confirmed this for us.

But if anyone has heard of staffies opening doors (other than sliding) I would really like to know!

Cheers
Lucy
Lucy
Lucy

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Door opening Empty Re: Door opening

Post by Guest Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:32 am

The fact that they got into the room with the kitten and you didn't come home to a blood bath is very encouraging - although the poor thing must've been scared out of her wits when she saw your 2 running towards her!!! Door opening 550718

With reference to the door handle I haven't got a clue - they have obviously developed thumbs that they have hidden from you! Door opening 723804
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:47 am

So sorry to hear about your kitten, poor mite. Was the door not pushed completely closed? Maybe the latch didn't catch properly and they have nudged through?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by craigourstaffy Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:46 am

Really sorry to hear about youir kitten xxx Door opening 9058
craigourstaffy
craigourstaffy

Female
Number of posts : 232
Humor : off ma head...lol
Registration date : 2008-03-04

http://www.staffyclub.com/Ali_

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:24 am

Thats the weird thing I shut the door and checked it was closed properly before i left because we had been so paranoid about the dogs not being fully trained around her yet.

We have had a look at the door a bit closer now that we are not so upset and I have worked out it was Bonnie our girl who jumped up and kept hitting the knob on her way down, there are also heaps of scratches on the door from them trying to get through so I guess persistance was the key to opening it!

Makes sence seeing Bonnie can jump half my height or more on some days. I love my staffies to bits still and it wasnt their fault that this happened.
Lucy
Lucy

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down