Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

for Claire...staffy cross stitch pic

3 posters

Go down

for Claire...staffy cross stitch pic Empty for Claire...staffy cross stitch pic

Post by engladian Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:02 am

Here's the crosstitch pic I created with the Stitch-a-Photo program that we talked about for you to see.

for Claire...staffy cross stitch pic DSC00981
engladian
engladian
Admin Team
Admin Team

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down

for Claire...staffy cross stitch pic Empty Re: for Claire...staffy cross stitch pic

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:07 am

OMG Deb that is brilliant - how long did that take!!!! for Claire...staffy cross stitch pic 550718

I would pay whatever it took to get one of those of Jade! I thought you were just the dog oracle of knowledge - turns out you're not bad at cross stitching either!!!

for Claire...staffy cross stitch pic 842930 for Claire...staffy cross stitch pic 842930 for Claire...staffy cross stitch pic 842930 for Claire...staffy cross stitch pic 842930
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

for Claire...staffy cross stitch pic Empty Re: for Claire...staffy cross stitch pic

Post by kerri Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:09 am

engladian wrote:Here's the crosstitch pic I created with the Stitch-a-Photo program that we talked about for you to see.

for Claire...staffy cross stitch pic DSC00981
That is an amazing gift you have
for Claire...staffy cross stitch pic 673667
kerri
kerri

Female
Number of posts : 528
Humor : I like to think its good
Registration date : 2008-02-13

http://Blazinstaff.com

Back to top Go down

Post by engladian Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:21 am

Took about 3 months of non stop stitching to do that one Claire. Is done on a very fine count cloth with only 1 strand of thread. The portrait itself is about 7" square on a 20"x20" cloth. Would cost a bit to buy unframed by the time I created a chart, adjusted individual stitch colors to compensate for the shine in a dogs coat and spent several months stitching it.
engladian
engladian
Admin Team
Admin Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:30 am

You can tell a lot of hard graft went into that - it was sooo worth it though, the detailing on the colour is fantastic. I couldn't do anything that complex. The dog's expression is captured perfectly. It looks so much better than a lot of the charts you can buy. I hope you've got that framed somewhere and not just lying around!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by engladian Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:38 am

no, it's sitting in a box with all the others i've done. for Claire...staffy cross stitch pic 604305
engladian
engladian
Admin Team
Admin Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:43 am

for Claire...staffy cross stitch pic 433597 I knew it!! Naughty naughty Deb - get it framed girl!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:30 am

My thoughts exactly, it really is brilliant. You should set it up as a side line business - i would have one! Hint Hint!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by engladian Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:14 am

I'll try one of Kane first to figure out which colors I have to switch to do the shine on the fur that comes up as different shades of blue on a dark dog. If it works out I will post a pic of the finished product and see if there's anyone who wants a one of a kind portrait of their dog. Now I just need to get that perfect pic of my terribly camera shy dog.
engladian
engladian
Admin Team
Admin Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:15 am

LOL!! Good luck with that!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by craigourstaffy Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:08 am

That's absolutely fantastic, your really talented for Claire...staffy cross stitch pic 673667
craigourstaffy
craigourstaffy

Female
Number of posts : 232
Humor : off ma head...lol
Registration date : 2008-03-04

http://www.staffyclub.com/Ali_

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down