Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sorry*UPDATE*

5 posters

Go down

Sorry*UPDATE* Empty Sorry*UPDATE*

Post by mialilly Fri May 09, 2008 5:08 am

Just wanted to say sorry to the moderators that I have not been on the forum for sometime, but I have Mia very ill at the moment Sorry*UPDATE* 9058 and need to get that sorted.
She started with severe fitting and now they have said she has Cushings. Am just waiting for some more tests results to come through, before making a decision about her future Sorry*UPDATE* 9058

Last edited by mialilly on Tue May 13, 2008 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total
mialilly
mialilly

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-02-01

Back to top Go down

Sorry*UPDATE* Empty Re: Sorry*UPDATE*

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2008 5:25 am

Aww poor Mia! Please don't apologise - you obviously have far more important things on your mind! How old is Mia? You poor thing - you must be worried sick.xx
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mialilly Fri May 09, 2008 6:52 am

Thank you for understanding. Mia is 10yrs old now, but had a hard two years before I rescued her from the fighting game, so her body is older than most dogs.
She goes back to the vets on Tuesday, and I am hoping the final results of her tests will be ready by then. It all depends on these, as to wether she can be treated or not. Sorry*UPDATE* 9058
mialilly
mialilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2008 8:11 am

Aww dianne, I am so sorry to hear about Mia. She has had such a tough time lately. Please let me know how she gets on and sending you, mia, lilly and Riley big hugs xx
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Glenda Fri May 09, 2008 9:02 am

So sorry to hear Mia is not well-hope she is ok soon - fingers crossed -how are the other two doing, are they treating her well?

I haven't been on here myself lately, but hopefully will have a bit more time (we've been having a new bathroom -boring stuff but it takes over the house)-
take care
Glenda

Glenda

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2008 9:26 am

Bless her - what a rough start to life she had. She has had 8 happy years with you and I'm sure she'll pull through this and give you many more. Please keep us updated when you can as to how shes doing. Sending you loads of sloppy staffy kisses and hugs. Chin up Dianne.xx
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by p1nkangel Sat May 10, 2008 6:37 am

Awk Dianne I'm so so sorry that Mia is unwell. My god you must be so worried & heartbroken not knowing what the outcome will be.
Poor Mia. What an awful life she has had before you. I'm sure you have given her so much joy in the yrs you've had her & I just hope she can be treated & go on to have a lot more happy times with you! Please let us know how she is & how you are doing. ((hugs))
p1nkangel
p1nkangel

Female
Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by mialilly Sun May 11, 2008 1:03 am

Thank you all so much for your kind thought. She is on phenobarbatol at the moment to try and control the fitting, and although the dose was to high at first, she seems ok on it now. She is very wobbly on her legs, and very clingy, but that is to be expected.
I did decide last weekend to let her go peacefully, but my vet insisted we wait longer, and get more test results, as he is hopeful she can be treated. At the moment he is giving her a 50/50 chance. Each day I wait seems like a week, I am so worried about her.
If she can be treated and have a reasonable quality of life I will do all I can for her, but of course I don't want her to suffer Sorry*UPDATE* 9058
Lilly and Riley definately know something is wrong, and keep going to her gate to see her. (Mia is fear aggressive and cannot actually be with them)
When Mia had her last bad fit, it was right beside Lillys crate(in the night) and poor Lilly was trying so hard to lick her, she lay in her crate right next to Mia and wouldn't move.
Mia is back at the vets on Tuesday, but I don't know yet if the results will be through by then, I have really got my fingers crossed they are.
I will let you know how it goes as soon as I know anymore.
mialilly
mialilly

Back to top Go down

Post by engladian Sun May 11, 2008 6:01 am

Sorry to hear about Mia Diane, you have been through so much with her over the years already. I hope her chances get better by the day. Such a stressful time for you and the dogs right now, my fingers are crossed and you are in my thoughts. Please keep updating us. Sorry*UPDATE* 126367 Love for Mia.
engladian
engladian
Admin Team
Admin Team

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by mialilly Tue May 13, 2008 7:17 am

The vet rang yesterday to say Mia did not have Cushings but a brain tumour, and it is with much regret that I have to tell you, as she was suffering and in pain, I let her go peacefully this morning Sorry*UPDATE* 9058
mialilly
mialilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2008 7:30 am

Dianne, I am so sorry to hear your news but you have made the right choice, she is at peace now x If you need to chat you know where we all are hunni x

Run free at the Bridge Mia xx
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Glenda Tue May 13, 2008 7:41 am

Sorry*UPDATE* 9058 So sorry, but at least you know she is not suffering now :she had a happy life with you and now she is pain-free -
thinking of you,
take care, Glenda +Tasha x

Glenda

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by engladian Tue May 13, 2008 9:17 am

Aww Dianne, so sorry for your loss. You done your best for her over the years and I'm sure she was greatful for them being the best years of her life. She'll be waiting for you one day at the Bridge.
R.I.P. Mia....run free sweetheart
engladian
engladian
Admin Team
Admin Team

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2008 9:37 am

Sorry*UPDATE* 9058 Dianne, I am so so sorry for your massive loss - you must be in so much pain at the moment. I am sure that Mia is happy, free from suffering and constantly missing you and at your side. You should be proud of the life and happiness that you gave to her - you made the right decision to let her go. All my thoughts and love are with you.xx

RIP Little Girl.xx Sorry*UPDATE* 221754
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by beedham3k4 Tue May 13, 2008 11:17 am

sorry to hear about your loss
beedham3k4
beedham3k4

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by p1nkangel Tue May 13, 2008 1:05 pm

Aww Dianne I'm so very sorry...I can't begin to imagine what you're going through but I'm sure Mia is looking down on you lovingly for all the good years that you gave to her...She'll be in a peaceful place right now & surely thanki ng you for not letting her suffer.

RIP little Mia Sorry*UPDATE* 221754

Hope you're ok Dianne xo
p1nkangel
p1nkangel

Female
Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down