Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

am i right

2 posters

Go down

am i right Empty am i right

Post by mrsp86 Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:53 am

i got benson from england yesterday but as soon as i put him in his crate last night he barked the house down well it was 12 oclock so i took the crate up the stair and left him in it with the door open i never heard a peep all night. mind you wherever i go benson former name tiger is at my side lol. im unsure how to get him use to the crate the lady who brought him to me gave me advice but any suggestions welcome.
mrsp86
mrsp86

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-07-03

http://lynn.palmer.86@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

am i right Empty Re: am i right

Post by nikki_kev Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:48 am

Introduce it to him slowly... new surroundings are going to be very daunting to him as it is. Make it a nice, comfy, safe place for him to go. Feed him in it, so he associates it with something nice.
Let him go in there of his own accord to start off with and when he is happy to go in on his own, then you can start closing the door.

Hope that helps.

x
nikki_kev
nikki_kev

Female
Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp86 Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:49 am

hi thanks for that just had him in it for an while afterr our walk . he stayed in it whined a bit but once he stopped i let him out i have been putting him in the kitchen with the back door open so he can go in and out when he pleases and when he has finished he sits at the back door and i let him back into the livingroom where he is quite happy to lay down and snore lol
mrsp86
mrsp86

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-07-03

http://lynn.palmer.86@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum