Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

help help help

2 posters

Go down

help help help Empty help help help

Post by mrsp86 Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:13 am

okay benson was put in his crate today for hour max i came home to find he had chewed a bit of the metal off it it cost me 45 pound. it not a savic one but it was the best i could afford anyway made up a excuse and took it back for a refund there was a add in the local paper for a crate a x large one so i have got that now is this better to give him more room he would not stay in the crate last night so i took it upstair and left the door open he never moved out it lol i have been advised to go out for a hour a day and leave him in it what do you guys think. the dogs a gem apart from this prob xx okay update benson broke the crate so i took it back and got a x large on so he can move around. its massive wondering if id be better taking the cage up stair if he sleeps in it at night and when i go out just put him up the stair in it

Last edited by mrsp86 on Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changes)
mrsp86
mrsp86

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-07-03

http://lynn.palmer.86@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

help help help Empty Re: help help help

Post by engladian Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:48 pm

As a pup mine spend alot of time in it until they get over the "trapped" feeling, giving them treats everytime they are quiet for awhile. As they get older i let them out more and more but always put them in at least once a day to reinforce it. Sounds like Benson has some separation anxiety probs, for whatever his reasons, you will never know what he's been thru. I think you have to go back to basics with him and lots of tiny treats (so he doesn't become fat). Once he responds well you can start replacing treats with praise so he doesn't only behave when there is a food reward.
engladian
engladian
Admin Team
Admin Team

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum