Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eating poo!

5 posters

Go down

Eating poo! Empty Eating poo!

Post by kaziwal Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:53 pm

Help! Lily is an extremely greedy dog and will eat virtually anything. This includes dog poo on our daily walks around the park. It's a constant battle to stop her heading for the nearest pile of poo which is abundant because of inconsiderate dog owners not picking their dog's poo up. I have to keep her on a lead most of the time because of this but even then she still manages to get a mouthful! Apart from taking her elsewhere any suggestions on what I can do. Thanks.
kaziwal
kaziwal

Female
Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

Eating poo! Empty Re: Eating poo!

Post by Guest Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:18 am

Eating poo! 550718 What a lovely topic to be faced with first thing in the morning! Eating poo! 422549

Jade has never been a big pooey dog - she will avoid it like the plague so I cant help you I'm afraid.xx
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by nikki_kev Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:56 am

Dixie will eat cat poo and roll in fox poo...I have to keep an eye on her, but she tends to do it when it's dark and I can't see if she is sniffing or munching!
My dads collie is constantly eating poo and he muzzles her when she is out, cos she got quite ill.

x
nikki_kev
nikki_kev

Female
Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:09 am

same here talulah does this quiet often... mainly when she out at night an i cant see her doing it but when i get her home her breathe tells me another story so we scrub her teeth clean an she dont do it the next day cos she remembers me scrubing but she dforgets by night time an were at it again my vet said the only thing we can do is to try keep her awawy from areas like that an too make sure she getting wormed when she is eating pooh an its re-infestation.... but wat ever you do don't shout at her when you see her doing this as i did with talulah an she ran off from me to munch it er...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by nikki_kev Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:20 am

Must run in the family! lol

x
nikki_kev
nikki_kev

Female
Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:52 pm

lol nikki looks that way ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by engladian Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:19 am

Only thing I can think of is using a shake bottle and yelling "leave it" to train her not to, followed with a clicker to make her run back to you immediately for a treat.
engladian
engladian
Admin Team
Admin Team

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by p1nkangel Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:50 pm

Ewww...lol yep sounds like my 2 furballs. They don't it as much now but it depends on the poo & I'm being serious here. There are some they will sniff & leave or others they will happily go for it ewwww. Must be whatever the others dog has eaten as to whether they wana piece or not.
p1nkangel
p1nkangel

Female
Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by engladian Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:33 am

Poo connesuers Lavinia! Mine are not overly choosy, Kane will eat cat and fox poo, Jett will eat the same and occasionally her own. The other day I caught them taking turns running around with a piece in their mouth as a game of all things!!! Eating poo! 105577
engladian
engladian
Admin Team
Admin Team

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by jodie Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:02 pm

if it was her own poo she was eating you could give her some pineapple with her food and this stops most dogs eating it howver i dont think it would be to easy to do this with every dog in the area! the owners should be cleaning up their dogs mess anyways so there shouldn't be any around to eat!

jodie

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by kaziwal Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:42 am

engladian wrote:Only thing I can think of is using a shake bottle and yelling "leave it" to train her not to, followed with a clicker to make her run back to you immediately for a treat.

thanx for that, will give it a try.
kaziwal
kaziwal

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kaziwal Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:46 am

p1nkangel wrote:Ewww...lol yep sounds like my 2 furballs. They don't it as much now but it depends on the poo & I'm being serious here. There are some they will sniff & leave or others they will happily go for it ewwww. Must be whatever the others dog has eaten as to whether they wana piece or not.

LOL - yeah Lily tends to leave the fresh stuff and goes for the dried up mouldy poo and then wants to cuddle and lick me when we get home - yuk how nasty is that!
kaziwal
kaziwal

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down