Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My good deed for the day...

5 posters

Go down

My good deed for the day... Empty My good deed for the day...

Post by nikki_kev Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:39 pm

Just droped my Oh at work and was parking up when I saw this cute black doggy on the other side of the road.
I parked up very quickly and crossed the road. Dog was very friendly and greeted me with a sniff and a kiss! My good deed for the day... 673667

I checked the collar, but no tag!!!!!

So, I talked to it and it followed me to the pub - thought maybe someone who was having a few drinks hadn't realised thier dog had gotten out. Turns out it's the land ladies dog, called Murphy. I said to her that he didn't have a collar, so was lucky I thought to bring him here...

Apparently he is always getting out...she said he was chipped, but not that that was any good to me on a Sunday night at 9pm! My good deed for the day... 673667 So think she will get him a tag now!
Just a good job it was me that found him, or he may never have found his way home...
x
nikki_kev
nikki_kev

Female
Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

My good deed for the day... Empty Re: My good deed for the day...

Post by mrsp86 Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:59 pm

well done
mrsp86
mrsp86

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-07-03

http://lynn.palmer.86@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:18 am

Well done Nikki! x
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksdad Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:19 am

Well done , poor dog hopfully the owners will get a tag for him now , i dont understand people like that who say their dog keep getting out , surely they should be taking steps to make sure he doesnt get keep getting out ?

Rocksdad

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://www.staffierescuescotland.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:08 am

That was really nice of you Nikki!

Bonnie was able to get out of the yard once when we first moved in and we were lucky enough that the person who found her (bless them) took her to our vet which is on the corner and they were able to check her micro-chip and call us to let us know. Bonnie is a rascal when it comes to collars they tend to use them as toys and throw each other around by the collar! So we tend to go through a lot of collars and tags!
Lucy
Lucy

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:59 am

My OH and I were walking across our park on our way to my moms on Sunday afternoon and we came across a little scruffy stray mongrel being chased by some kids. The poor fella was obviously really old and was petrified and running for his life. He ran from my OH but with some soothing words from me he calmed down and let me wrap my fleece around him, pick him up and take him home. He didn't have a collar on and was obviously absoutely starving.
There was no chance that we would be able to keep him as Jade spent the whole time on a lead cos she wanted to eat him so we called the local dogs home - they couldn't help us and recommended the dog warden. We eventually found the number for the dog warden but because it was Sunday nobody picked up. We called our local police station but they were no good as they dont take stray dogs. We rang the closest police station with kennels but they were full. In the end some two and a half hours later we found a police station with an empty kennel. My OH took the little dog (that I named Derek!) and drove 25 miles to take him there.

It was an absolute joke - nobody wanted to know! I wish we could've kept him but Jade was having none of it and he was scared stiff bless him. I reckon he was probably PTS because he looked so old but thats better than the state of him when we found him.

Sorry to waffle on for ages - I just thought I'd share my good deed story about my little mate Derek!!!! I am such a wuss though - I had only had him about 3 hours and I cried my eyes out when he left! My good deed for the day... 604305
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by nikki_kev Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:10 am

Good for you hun!

x
nikki_kev
nikki_kev

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by p1nkangel Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:04 pm

We had our 1st camping trip with the girls last week & we had a lovely time. They both did really well & enjoyed the walks out and about.

Well one of the walks was way up a mountain and on our way back this wee long haired scruffy terrier was following people and limping with his front paw tucked up.

So when he saw my two girls he was over sniffing at them and trying to woo Yazmin lol Well we were looking around to see if anyone owned him & I was a wee bit ticked as my two girls were on leads and he wasn't. I was also worried in case he had maybe broken off his lead, as he had a collar but no tag.

So we started slowly walking towards the car park looking out for a possible owner who was nowhere to be found when a few different people said to us on the way that the poor wee mite was running around car park earlier looking lost. So we assumed he had been lost & that his owner would be looking for him. So we kept on walking towards the car park whilst this little dog was trying to jump Yazmin, we get to the car park & we don't see any sign of anyone looking for a lost pet, so we go into the visitors centre there to report him to see if his owner has been looking for him or see if the local warden can be contacted etc to be told "Oh that's Tyson, he lives on the housing estate opposite & he's always over here"

So we take the girls back to car, open back & they jump in & so does Tyson lol I had to lift him out. I felt bad for him as we drove off though, poor wee thing. I'd be really worried if my two girls weren't in eye's sight of me.

Sorry for long post lol
p1nkangel
p1nkangel

Female
Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:08 am

Aww poor Tyson! Who in their right mind would just leave their dog to just wander around aimlessly - poor little mite, these people dont deserve dogs.xx
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by nikki_kev Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:22 am

It amazes me how people just let their dogsout on their own.

The was a dog who lived a few houses from me (wne I lived with parents) and they let their dog out every day to raom the streets..no picking up after it had done it;s buisness, crossed busy roads! They ended up moving away as the family got an asbo...poor dog, was a lovely thing!

x
nikki_kev
nikki_kev

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down