Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More dangerous dog stuff - rotties

4 posters

Go down

More dangerous dog stuff - rotties Empty More dangerous dog stuff - rotties

Post by howlinmadmurdoch Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:37 am

I read this a short while ago. Maybe I'm being dim, but why are they calling for stricter dog control laws, when it seems quite clear that the owners are to blame for the way that the dog acted? If the owner is at fault, then it could have been a labrador or a great dane and the same thing could have happened.

Deed not breed!!!!!!

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20080822/tuk-call-for-stricter-dangerous-dog-law-6323e80.html
howlinmadmurdoch
howlinmadmurdoch

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

More dangerous dog stuff - rotties Empty Re: More dangerous dog stuff - rotties

Post by Gilka Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:37 am

I just think that the people who make the laws are not dog people and don't know or appreciate that dogs are like children, they are what you make them.
I also think that people want to see that something is being done about "dangerous dogs" and it is easier to make the dog pay the ultimate price rather than address the issues.
The trouble is, if legislation were introduced for dog owners it would be the responsible owners who would comply and those who are irresponsible would still not be responsible and it would be the compliant owners and dogs who would suffer.

I really don't know how irresponsible dog owners can be made to control their dogs, pick up their faeces etc but I would say that partially because of this there will always be dogs in danger of being put to sleep.

Until we change the attitudes that dogs (and other animals) are posessions and that they can be thrown away, I believe we will always have these problems.

Gilka

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-08-25

http://www.rochdale-dog-rescue.com

Back to top Go down

Post by p1nkangel Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:50 pm

Ridiculous! What is laughable is that the grandfather asks that all dogs now be mussled & it hadn't been walked in 5 months!

Awful for the family though.
p1nkangel
p1nkangel

Female
Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by engladian Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:01 am

What has a bite incident in a back yard got to do with all dogs being muzzled in public. He said if it was muzzled it wouldn't have happened...so is he saying all dogs should be muzzled in their own gardens too? Daft people out there.
engladian
engladian
Admin Team
Admin Team

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down