Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Complete Dry Food

3 posters

Go down

Complete Dry Food Empty Complete Dry Food

Post by howlinmadmurdoch Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:20 am

I recently swapped Murdoch over to Pedigree complete Better by Nature. He was on Wainwrights before. I have to say that his coat is much softer and shinier on the new food, not that he had a rough coat before!
Has anyone heard any good / bad things about this food?
howlinmadmurdoch
howlinmadmurdoch

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Complete Dry Food Empty Re: Complete Dry Food

Post by nikki_kev Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:43 am

It's made by pedigree...thats all I'm saying! lol

x
nikki_kev
nikki_kev

Female
Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by howlinmadmurdoch Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:24 am

Not sure what that means, as haven't heard good or bad things about Pedigree - which is why I asked!
I think your post meant that Pedigree is bad, but any info on why?
Apologies if I'm being dim.......
howlinmadmurdoch
howlinmadmurdoch

Back to top Go down

Post by nikki_kev Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:21 am

Pedigree Chum is full of aditives and basically crap. Pedigree and Bakers are two of the worst products on the market - tbh I am amazed they are allowed to sell it. It's the equivilant of feeding a child McDonalds for every meal lol
There are some brilliant complete dry food out there...I personally swear by Arden Grange. It's more expensive than stuff you can buy at Tescos etc, but so much better as it is hypoallergenic.

Others are Burns and JWB - although JWB I believe has been taken over by Mars, so not sure of the quality of it now...although a friend was feeding it and noticed her staffy was getting quite bloated on it for the first time in 2 years - she has now switched over to Arden Grange.
x
nikki_kev
nikki_kev

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by howlinmadmurdoch Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:28 am

Well that's why I wondered about the "Better By Nature" stuff. According to the packet it's made without any additives.
And as it's made Murdoch's coat much nicer, and his digestion doesn't seem to be distressed in any way, then it can't be bad?
http://www.pedigreebetterbynature.com/betterbynature/Homepage/index.aspx
howlinmadmurdoch
howlinmadmurdoch

Back to top Go down

Post by nikki_kev Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:51 am

If he is doing well on it then it obviously suits him...i know rocco ate my OH parents dog food and omg he was so ill from it.

x
nikki_kev
nikki_kev

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by howlinmadmurdoch Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:07 am

I think it does suit him. I tried him on regular Pedigree dry food once and it didn't really agree with him, but this stuff seems to be doing the trick. Makes you wonder, doesn't it, why they don't just take the crap out of all of their foods, rather than creating a new natural one - it's not that much more expensive than regular PC!!
howlinmadmurdoch
howlinmadmurdoch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:15 am

I must agree with Nikki - I wouldn't touch Pedigree with a barge pole but thats not to say its the same for every dog and its obvoiously doing Murdoch good - just keep your eye on him and see how he goes.

I feed Jade Arden Grange and shes doing brilliantly on it - I'd recommend it to anyone.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by engladian Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:07 am

I wouldn't be caught dead feeding a Pedigree product to my dogs. It's not just the ingredients but also the way in which those ingredients are processed. Look on their site and check the percentages on the ingredients as well. With the cheaper quality foods you usually have to feed more to get the same amount of nutrients as in a better food. So actually the cheaper foods end up costing more in the long run and because the intake is more, the outcome in the garden is more as well, making more work. Pedigree is also on the list as one of the companies that does animal testing....a huge no-no in my books. I used to feed JWB but in the past couple of months they have not been doing as well on it so I have changed back to Burns again and am quite happy. They are eating even less than before and the amount of wind they produce has been cut by at least 90%. That alone was worth it! I only feed half the daily amount suggested and make the balance up with raw meat, pureed raw veg, probiotic yoghurt, flaxseed oil, and a good kelp based supplement. Treats are homemade. I have no end of comments on their coats on this diet and I feel I am doing the best for them by it. Only my personal opinion and it seems to suit them all.
engladian
engladian
Admin Team
Admin Team

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down