Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How did you get your staffy

+5
kerri
pinkrat
p1nkangel
engladian
beedham3k4
9 posters

Go down

How did you get your staffy Empty How did you get your staffy

Post by Guest Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:59 am

Just wondering how you all got your staffys? I know a lot of people have had their dogs from pups so just wondering how much research went into it befor eyou bought them or was it a case of saw the ad in the paper and had to have the pup?

My OH i took Roxy from a house where they had been bred and the owner of the bitch could not find homes for them and the last two pups were getting vicious with each other and mum. They were not being cared for properly so we told the owner we were taking the pups. She would not let us take both so we just took Roxy and then phined a friend who went and took the last pup to get it out of the home.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

How did you get your staffy Empty Re: How did you get your staffy

Post by beedham3k4 Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:14 am

i got rome from a breader who had taken him back as he was not been cared for at all he was 6mnth old my mate had his sister and we was looking for a staffy so when he got him back we went to see him and thats how we got rome bliss we got from a puupy we wanted a white one and lucky for us after 8weeks off looking we found one in our town she was the last 1 left coz she had bigish ears and no 1 wantted her so we got her a lot cheeper than the rest
beedham3k4
beedham3k4

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:33 am

I had always loved dogs but due to our hectic lifestyle I had never wanted one!! One day the OH called and said that a girl at his garage was selling a staffie that she had just rescued from B'ham Dogs Home. She told him that she couldn't keep her because her landlord had told her she wasn't allowed pets. At first I said no but then I asked my OH what she was going to do with the dog if we didn't have her - he said that she seemed pretty desparate to get rid of her and he'd dread to think what might happen to her. In the end I gave in and agreed to pay her £50.
It turned out that she got rid of Jade because she was left on her own for 12 hours per day and had taken to chewing the door frames and furniture so she was sick of her.
Its honestly the best thing I ever did but I wish I'd have gone and bopped her one on the nose for mistreating my girlie! When Stu went to collect her she was a nervous wreck and was stuck in a tiny crate that she could hardly stand up in so I assume that she was being kept in it all the time while she was at work. How did you get your staffy 87783

God knows what my poor baby went through before that girl got her from the dogs home! How did you get your staffy 9058

Sorry about the essay but you did ask!!! How did you get your staffy 465446
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by engladian Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:19 am

We researched for some time and decided that we wanted a pup from Ch. Valglo Casanova at Crossguns. We found an ad online stating he was the sire so we went to look. They were already 5 months old and not bred by a show breeder so we never really got a look at him stood up properly and we probably paid far too much for him considering this at the time but we haven't a regret in the world. He has the best temperament of any dog I have ever had and has definitely been the best behaved too. Of course, to make up for it, we will be in for torment when I get our new pup home.
engladian
engladian
Admin Team
Admin Team

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by p1nkangel Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:59 pm

erm...well staffies weren't my 1st choice i'm ashamed to say...

I love animals & always grew up with dogs & after my mum passed away the urge grew stronger to get a dog so I was after a minature breed like a minature french bulldog. couldn't find any breeders in my area so I really can't remember why I was in pets at home as I had no pets at the time but i noticed the ad for staffy pups so i rang & the breeder lived around the corner from me!

So i went to see the pups & fell in love with Angel who was sooooo tiny (she was the runt lol) & bought her. then weeks later I was updating the breeder on how Angel was getting on & she mentioned that she still had a bitch left so i couldn't resist & bought her too(Yazmin).

I wouldn't be without my two now i tell ya. they are a wonderful loving breed which I reckon I'll always go for.

A staffy convert lol
p1nkangel
p1nkangel

Female
Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkrat Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:42 am

I said i wasn't going to get another dog after the loss of my Beauty but a year on i was pining for antoehr dog, watching other people with theirs on walks and fussing them whenever i got a chance. My aunts had bred 11 little lovelys and just went to have a look, that was fatal. They were all tugging and biting at my shoe laces apart from one who just sat at my feet and looked up. Yes it my my little Bella and i took her home with me the same day.
Treacle was pretty much the same. Another litter of 11 and only 2 left. My aunt said just come down and look at them. She had already decided to keep the one and when i saw Treacle i knew she had to be mine :)
pinkrat
pinkrat

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:45 am

11!! Wow!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:59 am

Awww bless - I want a puppy! How did you get your staffy 9058
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kerri Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:03 am

claire wrote:Awww bless - I want a puppy! How did you get your staffy 9058

Me too How did you get your staffy 673667
kerri
kerri

Female
Number of posts : 528
Humor : I like to think its good
Registration date : 2008-02-13

http://Blazinstaff.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:11 am

I looooove looking at puppy pics but they make me so broody!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:27 am

We saw Bonnie in a pet shop window and Ben brought her home one day as a suprise for me, I had been wanting kids for a while and he though she was the next best thing! The when I swapped jobs my boss told me she was going to have to put down their family staffy because her little girl had been bitted by a Labrador at the coast over easter. She offered him to me since she knew we had Bonnie, when we went to look at him he was a tank and looked vicous because of his jaws being so huge but we fell in love anyway.

We brought him home and Bonnie made him run off his tank look and his jaws dont look vicous because his only smiling! Max is a big softie!
Lucy
Lucy

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkrat Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:54 am

They were going to put him down because of what another dog did? Thats apalling. Thank god you had him.
pinkrat
pinkrat

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by p1nkangel Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:44 am

pinkrat wrote:They were going to put him down because of what another dog did? Thats apalling. Thank god you had him.

I agree. Wow...Lucky you took him!
p1nkangel
p1nkangel

Female
Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by staffylover Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:43 am

we went to see our friends staff puppies, id never had much to do with staffs but thought they were lovely looking dogs. when i met tango, our jojo;s mum she was so lovely, not scary at all like some people say they are and i fell in love with her. then her 4 week old daughter jojo, How did you get your staffy 221754 gave my hubby the eye and he was in love. we tried jojo on a visit to see if arnie, my lab/lurcher cross would get on with her. one yap from jojo and arnie was head over heels and four years down the line we are all still googoo over her she is lush and makes us all feel very loved. then 2 years ago sat comin she had 8 healthy pups and thats how tyjo came into our lives. we are all one big .very happy family xx

staffylover

Female
Number of posts : 22
Humor : defo got some
Registration date : 2008-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by kazh72 Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:12 pm

re: how did you get your staffi
we used to look after our neighbours 2 staffis, and we bought books on staffis, so when my mate rescued nakkita at 12wks old from a cruel man we took her in .well it was only for an hour but we got really attached very quickly and we kept her, we got khai as a puppy for company for nakkita after 2pac was stolen and the 2 off them are my babies ..the most loving loyal girls .. How did you get your staffy 346295

kazh72

Female
Number of posts : 12
Humor : ha ha
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Fri May 02, 2008 6:47 pm

Yeah my boss was going to have to put max down if we didnt take him. I am really glad we did because he is so sweet
Lucy
Lucy

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by crazymental Fri May 09, 2008 8:11 am

i got scoob after the death of my cat. i decided to get a dog instead this time. my oh suggested a staffordshire bull terrier, to be honest i was a bit doubtful due to their strength and the media ect, but before totally writing them off, i got online and did a shed load of research. at the same time i'd spotted a gorgeous staff sat in rescue. we was lucky that the rescue knew scoobys full history. so i had no qualms about taking him home. we spent a couple of weeks visiting him and taking him for walks before picking him up and taking him home. i have absolutely no regrets. even my mother has come round from stating she would never set foot in my home whilst i had a staff, to having him overnight whilst i go to a gig in london!! no other breed for me and i'll always rescue. i have absolutely nothing against kc staffs and buying from a pup, but i'm not really interested in showing or breeding to be honest so i think the best thing to do is to rescue. How did you get your staffy 673667

Last edited by crazymental on Fri May 09, 2008 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling! lol)
crazymental
crazymental

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down