Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peppers? Good/Bad?

2 posters

Go down

Peppers? Good/Bad? Empty Peppers? Good/Bad?

Post by p1nkangel Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:46 pm

Me, my 2 furbies & OH were at Pets @ Home on Sunday just passed & we had just got furbies into the car when a dude came over & starting chatting to us about them & he was telling us that he shows his GS's.

He was offering all sorts of advice about what to feed our furbies on which is fine as I wouldn't be rude, I appreciate people taking time out to pass on info whether useful or not, its then up to me to decide whether I practise what I've been told.

Anyhoo we were chatting away & we happened to mention to him that when we are cutting up raw peppers that the furbies love to get some, he looked horrified & said no don't give them peppers as they aren't good for them as they can't digest them properly...

Anyone else know if giving them peppers is good/bad for them? They're just normal red/green peppers.

Last edited by p1nkangel on Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : can't spell lol)
p1nkangel
p1nkangel

Female
Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Peppers? Good/Bad? Empty Re: Peppers? Good/Bad?

Post by engladian Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:46 pm

All vegetables may be fed, however, for a dog to get any nutritional benefit from vegetables, they must either be pulped or frozen, otherwise they go out the way they went in and can only be used as source of fibre. Onions must not be fed to dogs in any form as they can cause haemolytic anaemia which can be fatal. Avocados contain persin which can produce problems in some animals.
Oxalic acid can interfere with calcium absorption; so don't feed too much of Spinach or Chard. Be especially aware of this for puppies and pregnant/lactating bitches. Care should also be taken not to overfeed vegetables from the cabbage family, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, kale, swedes, turnips and broccoli to dogs as this may inhibit thyroid function. Tomatoes, potatoes, peppers and aubergines all belong to the nightshade family of plants. Dogs who have arthritis can be sensitive to these foods which might worsen their condition.
engladian
engladian
Admin Team
Admin Team

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by p1nkangel Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:39 am

Peppers? Good/Bad? 346295 Thank you for the advice. Its really appreciated.
p1nkangel
p1nkangel

Female
Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down