Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OMG Is Angel Ever Going To Stop Scratching!!!!

3 posters

Go down

OMG Is Angel Ever Going To Stop Scratching!!!! Empty OMG Is Angel Ever Going To Stop Scratching!!!!

Post by p1nkangel Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:07 pm

OMG Is Angel Ever Going To Stop Scratching!!!! 9058 I've tried Thornit powder, Piriton and have now changed her food again to Arden Grange Ocean Fish & Potato but she still scratches.

Now I must say that she is nowhere near how bad she was before and the excessive paw licking she was doing has stopped and I know that the effects of the change over in food can take a while..but geez the way she scratches she looks & sounds ridiculous!

Its driving me NUTS! OMG Is Angel Ever Going To Stop Scratching!!!! 550718

I've just got to preservere I guess until the food hopefully makes a difference. Oh please hurry says me! OMG Is Angel Ever Going To Stop Scratching!!!! 422549

Ignore me...I'm just letting of some steam...its either on here or I hold her paws down OMG Is Angel Ever Going To Stop Scratching!!!! 422549

Last edited by p1nkangel on Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : used wrong smillie)
p1nkangel
p1nkangel

Female
Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

OMG Is Angel Ever Going To Stop Scratching!!!! Empty Re: OMG Is Angel Ever Going To Stop Scratching!!!!

Post by Guest Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:35 am

Aww you poor thing! When Jade had the itchies it drove me mad cos I felt mad itchy too and kept scratching like I had fleas!!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

OMG Is Angel Ever Going To Stop Scratching!!!! Empty Re: OMG Is Angel Ever Going To Stop Scratching!!!!

Post by p1nkangel Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:23 am

Seriously? OMG Is Angel Ever Going To Stop Scratching!!!! 422549 That would've been a nightmare LOL

Haven't got the scratchies myself yet, its just the sound and she looks like Snoopy with the way her head and nose point in the air whilst she scratches LOL

Its hard to explain OMG Is Angel Ever Going To Stop Scratching!!!! 673667
p1nkangel
p1nkangel

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:39 am

Is poor ickle Angel any better chick?xx
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by p1nkangel Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:15 am

Awk she's still scratching claire :o( Not as bad mind. Thanks for asking xo

I'm going to take her to another vet for a second opinion I think.

I've to take her to the vet for 5pm this evening for her annual booster and I'm going to get them to check her wee ear again as she's still having bother with it.

My insurance company overpaid them for her treatment and its owed to me. The first set of fees had to be paid direct to the vet but the second set I'd to pay myself so there were two separate claim forms sent off by the vet but they got paid all the claim monies, so I'll have a chat with them whilst I'm down and see if they can use it for Angel's annual booster and ear treatment...then I think I'm going to either change vets, or get a second opinion at least.

I just want my baby better OMG Is Angel Ever Going To Stop Scratching!!!! 126367

And there she goes...scratching again... OMG Is Angel Ever Going To Stop Scratching!!!! 604305
p1nkangel
p1nkangel

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kenzo Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:07 pm

Is this Demodex? (I just read what you had treated her with) Is she better know....
kenzo
kenzo

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by p1nkangel Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:37 am

kenzo wrote:Is this Demodex? (I just read what you had treated her with) Is she better know....

You see the vets said no, they did a skin scrape and it apparantely came back negative. However I had heard that there was a case with someone elses sbt where a vet had to do a skin scrape a few times on different occasions before demodex was confirmed!

I do think that I need to get a 2nd opinion to be honest.
p1nkangel
p1nkangel

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by jodie Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:38 am

my male staffie who is 5 has had skin problems on and off over the last 2-3 years, he is actually at vet at the minute getting it looked at cause it is bleeding and oozinng all over his underside, it looks very red and sore and he keeps trying to scratch it whilst he is walking which is funny! he has had skin scrapings and tissue samples taken when he was being neutered but no further forward, he gets a dose of antibiotics and this seems to help at the time but this time is worse. poor babies you cant help feel for them.

xx

jodie

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by p1nkangel Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:37 pm

hey jodie, at my Angel's worst she would sit down in the street whilst on her walks just to get a scratch in OMG Is Angel Ever Going To Stop Scratching!!!! 796753

she's been great since I changed her diet and excluded certain treats like rawhide & any treats with meat derivitives.

you definitely feel really bad for them and it is so frustrating also.

any luck with your boy yet? xx
p1nkangel
p1nkangel

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down