Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Off the Lead Play?

+3
beedham3k4
craigourstaffy
laurajo
7 posters

Go down

Off the Lead Play? Empty Off the Lead Play?

Post by Guest Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:46 am

Do your staffys get much off the lead play time?

I am really lucky that my house is a 1 minute walk from a large nature reserve which means there are miles and miles of open fields so I can always find an empty field for Roxy to play in. Off the Lead Play? 346295
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Off the Lead Play? Empty Re: Off the Lead Play?

Post by Guest Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:06 am

There is a large park on the same road as me and you can easily both entrances so I can let her off the lead for a good run after her balls.
As long as she concentrates on her balls she doesn't take much notice of anything or anyone around her. Off the Lead Play? 240502

She'd run for hours if we let her - she loves it!!! Off the Lead Play? 673667
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by laurajo Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:03 am

We live about 5minutes away from a massive field and woods so our two always get let off their leads up there as long as we keep there attention they are ok. Mista is really good and comes back but if something takes Missy's eye she's off!! We have only just started letting her off her lead after we lost her for 3 hours last year she seems to have learnt her lesson, we'll see once the rabbitts come out again in the summer .
laurajo
laurajo

Female
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by craigourstaffy Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:16 am

I've got 3 massive fields beside me and Tess always gets off her lead to play, she loves running around them especially with her boomer ball.
craigourstaffy
craigourstaffy

Female
Number of posts : 232
Humor : off ma head...lol
Registration date : 2008-03-04

http://www.staffyclub.com/Ali_

Back to top Go down

Post by beedham3k4 Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:55 am

we live just over the road from some lake and mine go there every day apart from saturdays and sundays they go on the beach with is 5mins away in the car so they are off the lead all the time
beedham3k4
beedham3k4

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by engladian Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:21 pm

Can only let Kane off if there isn't a soul in site. If he sees anyone or other dogs he's off like a shot to socialize and I could scream the place down and he wouldn't come back. He was perfect off lead, even doing a perfect heel and all, till he turned about 9 months and that was the end of that.
engladian
engladian
Admin Team
Admin Team

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by p1nkangel Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:38 pm

I live about 5-10 mins walk away from a large field and by car not far from what we call the waterworks which has lots of field so i can let my two off providing there's not too many distractions mind.

This past while they've been pretty obedient as in coming when called but our Yaz is a bit hard to reel in sometimes so we really have to shout to get her to take any heed on occasion but generally their both grand & LOVE being off the lead.
p1nkangel
p1nkangel

Female
Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkrat Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:38 am

engladian wrote:Can only let Kane off if there isn't a soul in site. If he sees anyone or other dogs he's off like a shot to socialize and I could scream the place down and he wouldn't come back. He was perfect off lead, even doing a perfect heel and all, till he turned about 9 months and that was the end of that.

Thats the same as with my Bella. She loves to run around but if she sees another dog she ignores me and goes bombing over. It worries me because some dog owners don't like it. She does snap back too if a dog snaps at her. She was absolutely perfect with other dogs until she got snapped at at few times, its a shame. I wish i could hire out a big field to myself so she could run and run.
Treacle is completely different, she is very good at recall. She prefers to be with us than anything else. I walk them on harnesses with a double attachment so i only need one lead.
Off the Lead Play? Image610
pinkrat
pinkrat

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Wiretim Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:04 pm

Just got permission to walk Milo round the syndicate lake that i fish, and it is fantastic to see him off the lead, having a good mooch round, he even plopped in for a quick dip as well the other day. I carry his Kong squeaker ball with me, so as soon as he gets too far away, a couple of squeaks on that has him legging it back!
Wiretim
Wiretim

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down