Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need some help & advice please

3 posters

Go down

I need some help & advice please Empty I need some help & advice please

Post by p1nkangel Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:54 am

My girl Yazmin is becoming ever so clingy. She was when I first got her but now its getting to the point were its constant. Its not that it bothers me as I like having her follow me around and she seems happy however... I don't know if this is related but she has now this week alone pooed 2 times & wee'd 3 times in the house.

Once was when I was petting her whilst she was standing beside my chair and she just took a poo!!! She has had the odd mishap here and there but now its getting worse.

I don't know if its laziness or she just won't leave my side but naturally it can't continue.

She wee'd in her cage today and she was only left in it for an hour and she had went to the loo beforehand.

My OH is becoming extremely frustrated with her over it & I'm at a loss to know what to do.

Do you think maybe its behavioural as in separation anxiety? My OH thinks I give her too much attention but I give both her and my other girl Angel the same TLC. I make sure I don't leave either girl out.

When she is told off for being naughty and then put outside, after about 10 minutes I will bring her in and she will look really sad so I'll talk to her and pet her & tell her not to do it again. Am I going about it the wrong way?

I'm desperate for any help or advice on this as I am seriously at a loss I need some help & advice please 9058
p1nkangel
p1nkangel

Female
Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

I need some help & advice please Empty Re: I need some help & advice please

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:58 am

I can't help you I'm afraid chick - never had a puppy and Jade is pretty good in the house. I am sure someone will be able to give you some brill advice though to sort your girlie out! xx
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by engladian Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:02 am

Staffies are very people oriented and I have not heard of too many that don't stick to their owner like glue, I know my 2 do. I can't go to the toilet or even have a shower without Jett and Kane lies outside the door the whole time. I'm wondering if it could be hormonal dur to her being in season, especially for her 1st time she might be right outta wack hormonally. The only thing I can suggest is to maybe give her some crate time now and then to let her realize she can be in another room besides you. I do this with Jett regularly to avoid any bit of separation anxiety. If it is strictly due to hormone imbalance (might be just this 1st time or might be a regualr with her seasons) it will at least keep her from messing in the house in any way. If you do try this start with having her in the crate in the same room as you and when u let her out do not have any contact with her for the 1st 5 or 10 mins she's out.
engladian
engladian
Admin Team
Admin Team

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by p1nkangel Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:09 pm

Thankfully she's been ok these past couple of days. She must have been outta whack with coming into season bless her. Still my wee dosey dora lol Thank you both for responding xo
p1nkangel
p1nkangel

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kerri Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:39 am

hiya when my girl went into season she started peeing in the house it did go away after a few days hope things have settled down by now
kerri
kerri

Female
Number of posts : 528
Humor : I like to think its good
Registration date : 2008-02-13

http://Blazinstaff.com

Back to top Go down

Post by p1nkangel Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:10 pm

Hi Kerri, yes thankfully it has all settled - phew! Thought she was gona be going backwards forever! Thank you for asking and sharing your experience, glad its a "normal" thing lol xo
p1nkangel
p1nkangel

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down