Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

help food help needed urgent

2 posters

Go down

help food help needed urgent Empty help food help needed urgent

Post by mrsp86 Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:27 am

hi im getting the staffie from england today and i need help with food i found out yesterday he was being fed dr jones but the places near me do not stock it the lady at pets at home said put him on omega cause it is a pellet food he was on before so keep him on roughly the same has any one fed this to there dogs info greatfull thanks
mrsp86
mrsp86

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-07-03

http://lynn.palmer.86@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

help food help needed urgent Empty Re: help food help needed urgent

Post by engladian Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:49 am

I feed James Wellbeloved along with raw meat, veg, etc. Not heard of that food. Who is it made by?
engladian
engladian
Admin Team
Admin Team

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp86 Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:51 am

hi the omega is made by purina its 12.99 for a big bag. he wolfes it down
mrsp86
mrsp86

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-07-03

http://lynn.palmer.86@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by engladian Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:01 pm

Check the analysis on the bag, I'm not a huge purina fan but what it boils down to is ingredients. Be sure meat is the 1st ingredient and that there is no corn...brown rice is best. Like comparing corn flakes to a steak. The best way to explain it is the higher the nutrients the less they will need to eat to meet their daily requirements. Some foods that have a lower price are not necessarily cheaper to feed as they require more food to get those requirements. You can eat a well rounded beef stew dinner which is packed full of vitamins and be full on 1 bowl or you can eat 4 bowls of corn flakes to get the same nutritional value. Also...nore food bulk intake= more outgoing product waste so more cleaning up in the back garden for you. Check out the recommended daily amounts for your dogs weight and age of your food and then of a higher quality one and I'm sure you will find a better food that is priced higher but since you feed less of it works out to the same price in the long run. Also less health probs with better diet means less trips to the vet.
engladian
engladian
Admin Team
Admin Team

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down