Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are your dogs like at sharing.

+3
laurajo
skippy
engladian
7 posters

Go down

What are your dogs like at sharing. Empty What are your dogs like at sharing.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:49 am

I think Roxy has only child syndrome because she is usless at sharing her toys, especially if its a nice big stick.

Over the weekend our neighbours were looking after an 8mth staffy bitch, Tia, and Roxy went bounding over to say hello. Anway on the way home from our walk Roxy is proudly walking home with her stick in her mouth and the dropped it to say hello to Tia. Tia went to sniff the stick and got screamed at by my spoilt little brat!! Poor Tia nearly had a heart attack.

If I throw the stick away (which I did) she is all fine again. Its weird bcause people can take what they like from her its just other dogs!!

Anyone had similar experiences?

Krissi
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

What are your dogs like at sharing. Empty Re: What are your dogs like at sharing.

Post by engladian Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:26 am

The pitbull I had years back was like that. She got on with all other dogs as long as they didn't bark or growl at her and as long as they didn't touch her toys. Kane is quite the opposite, he will put it down and take a few steps back to invite the other dog to play with it. He doesn't really play with his toys much unless he has someone to interact with, be it human or dog.....or cat, he would really love the cat to play. :bball:
engladian
engladian
Admin Team
Admin Team

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down

What are your dogs like at sharing. Empty Re: What are your dogs like at sharing.

Post by skippy Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:04 am

Different strokes for different folks. I've had dogs which would put down what they had for another dog to get it and then chase the dog like a mad bugger. I've had others which would hold onto whatever they had and just not let go, and then there are those which would growl.... or lash out. I don't exactly know what goes through their heads, but they often won't tolerate something from other dogs which they are fine with from people.

skippy

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:53 am

I think Roxy has been spoilt like a child and as we have no other dogs isn't used to sharing!! Trying to re-educate her now!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by laurajo Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:24 pm

Mista our oldest staffie will share if he wants to, but Missy will growl and snarl if anyone goes near what she has whether it be Mista or us :|
laurajo
laurajo

Female
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenmaz Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:17 am

Maz wont play with any toy unless Raven has it......... AND thats fine its normally a rope so they just tug, tug, tug!!!!

Only thing they wont share is bones and Raven will make that very clear to Maz
ravenmaz
ravenmaz

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:12 am

Max is really good at sharing but Bonnie is awful, she will sulk, bark, nip and carry on if Max has food and she doesn't, same goes for toys. She usually wacks him with whatever toy she has anyway to make him play with her!
Lucy
Lucy

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:20 am

Jade is great with sharing anything but her balls!!!! Shes only ever nipped Stu when he was teasing her with her balls but she soon realised she was naughty and jumped on his lap licking his face!!! :P
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kerri Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:01 am

akasha was a only child and she never liked to share when any dogs came to visit but since we have had oakley she lets him take it from her mouth ........weird
kerri
kerri

Female
Number of posts : 528
Humor : I like to think its good
Registration date : 2008-02-13

http://Blazinstaff.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jodie Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:23 pm

rocco will share with lexus my rottie, but he doesn't really get on with other dogs after being attacked 3 times so def wouldn't share with anything else!

jodie

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down