Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many times do your dogs poo?

4 posters

Go down

How many times do your dogs poo? Empty How many times do your dogs poo?

Post by p1nkangel Sat May 10, 2008 6:33 am

My two girls poo around 6-8 times a day...EACH! Is this normal? Apart from the fact that I'm fed up lifting so much poo How many times do your dogs poo? 0004%23 I use poo bags which can't be good for the enviroment & they poo extra on their walks!

I know other peoples dogs who maybe poo once or twice a day. I was putting it down to the fact that they are still puppies but still its a lot of poo How many times do your dogs poo? 0044%23

Most of the time they have just pooed & a few minutes later they do another!

I suppose How many times do your dogs poo? 0014%23 (Just couldn't resist getting that in there How many times do your dogs poo? 0005%23 ) but how often do your dogs poo then?
p1nkangel
p1nkangel

Female
Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

How many times do your dogs poo? Empty Re: How many times do your dogs poo?

Post by kenzo Sun May 11, 2008 11:19 am

Our dog maybe does that two till three times a day... (and we walk him every day one hour, one hour and a half, every day...)
6-8 times it`s a lot I`ll say, hehe :P

But maybe it have something to do with the food? That they don`t take up so much nutriance from the food, maybe (?)

*sorry my english..... :S
kenzo
kenzo

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by diglet Sun May 11, 2008 1:48 pm

Gosh 6/8 times a day is a lot, all my 5 go twice a day, They do it now on command one in the morning and one before bed,But everyone is different just like our dogs so if it is normal to them i wouldnt worry. Ok just read the part where they are puppies thats different they poop and wee loads. Dont worry they will grow out of it

diglet

Female
Number of posts : 16
Humor : Stafford's are just like chocolates you just can't have one
Registration date : 2008-04-08

http://www.haigstaff.piczo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 12, 2008 1:03 am

Roxy goes about twice a day.
what are yours fed and how often?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 12, 2008 5:32 am

Jadey goes just twice a day also - 6/8 times seems loads! Thats a whole lot of poo!!! xx
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by p1nkangel Tue May 13, 2008 2:23 am

It is loads isn't it How many times do your dogs poo? 234356 I feed them on dry food Science Plan, once in morning & then at night but at night its readily available where i leave it down for them until bedtime so they snack through. I'm just scared of starving them....
p1nkangel
p1nkangel

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by engladian Tue May 13, 2008 2:40 am

How many times do your dogs poo? 433597 Shouldn't free feed. You are just setting them up for bad eating habits. A dog that eats its whole amount in 10 minutes is a dog that 1) you know is eating....not starving, 2) you know for sure just how much they have eaten in the case of having to take them to vets for anything and asked about food intake by vet. Dogs who are left to eat at their own liesure develop fussy eating attitudes and are more likely to not eat their proper daily intake. everytime they eat they have to have a poo so they are going poo for almost every turn at the dish. Be sure you are feeding the correct amount and nothing more. Treats count as product for output too. Another thing to consider is if the food is corn, wheat or rice based. Corn is for dogs the same as for people, its only a filler, no nutritional value and it comes out the same way it went in. The body doesn't utilise any of the corn and it all has to come out. Rice is best.
engladian
engladian
Admin Team
Admin Team

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by p1nkangel Tue May 13, 2008 1:13 pm

I'm learning slowly but surely How many times do your dogs poo? 463541

How long should I leave the food down for them before I take it away? Say when I put it out in morning after half an hour of them getting up & going to loo, should I take it away again say 10 minutes later even if they don't touch it?

Then possibly same again in the evening?

Soz for all the questions but I'm a novice & finding my feet slowly but surely. Naturally I want to do what's right by them & I really do appreciate all the help & advice. Thank you xo
p1nkangel
p1nkangel

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by engladian Tue May 13, 2008 1:35 pm

make sure you always feed the same 2 times everyday. Leave the food down for 10 mins and whatever is left is picked up, nothing more till the evening feed. This puts them in the habit of making sure they eat all that is given right away before it gets taken away. The 1st couple meals they may leave some as they are used to being able to go back to it but they will feel hungry and remember this quickly. After they have established this feeding pattern, if they were to walk away from a meal you would know it was because they were not feeling well. one of the 1st signs of an ill dog is going off the food. Don't forget, in the wild wolves only eat on an average 3 meals per week, your babies won't starve so do not worry.
engladian
engladian
Admin Team
Admin Team

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by p1nkangel Wed May 14, 2008 2:15 am

Thank you sooooooo much! I will start this today! xo
p1nkangel
p1nkangel

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down