Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

diesel' face swollen up any idea what's wrong?

4 posters

Go down

diesel' face swollen up any idea what's wrong? Empty diesel' face swollen up any idea what's wrong?

Post by dieselboy Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:29 am

hi come home at t-time y-day and diesel face was swollen up around his eyes and had a few lumps aroound his face aswell.i dont think he was in any pain but was very itchy and uncomfortable over the next hour it got alot worse so i phoned the vets and they said that they think he could have a allergic reaction to something but diesel has not been any where or eat anything different.this morning it was alot better.. does anyone know why this is? diesel' face swollen up any idea what's wrong? New_ca10
diesel' face swollen up any idea what's wrong? New_ca11
dieselboy
dieselboy

Female
Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

diesel' face swollen up any idea what's wrong? Empty Re: diesel' face swollen up any idea what's wrong?

Post by queenie Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:15 am

hi there, my male rottie seemed to have what to be the same thing , it turned out to be i had changed washing powder and it just did not seem to agree with the senstive area around his eyes .

queenie

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

diesel' face swollen up any idea what's wrong? Empty Re: diesel' face swollen up any idea what's wrong?

Post by Guest Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:54 am

They look really bad - poor Diesel!
Jadie had a random allergic reation to something a few weeks ago but they didn't look like Diesel's - they were all over her body, none on her face. They weren't painful but mad itchy. The vet recommended Piriton every few hours but they didn't sort them. In the end I had to take her to the vets surgery and they gave her a steroid injection which shifted them overnight.
My friend's British bulldog also had the exact same thing but hers went down on their own after a couple of days with the help of piriton.
I would try him with Piriton and if hes no better in the morning take him up to the vets. (no other make of allergy tablet - must be piriton)

He looks really misrable bless him, I hope he feels better soon.xx
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kaziwal Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:45 pm

poor little luv, hope he gets better soon
kaziwal
kaziwal

Female
Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by engladian Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:00 am

Is it only around his eyes then? Could be an allergy to anything from pollens in the air this time of year to a tiny spider bite. Piriton is usually the 1st recommended course of action as Claire has already stated. Is he any better today? I hope so, poor little man.
engladian
engladian
Admin Team
Admin Team

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by dieselboy Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:43 am

diesel is alot better now all lumps are away so fingers crossed that he wont get that again as i felt so sorry for him coz i never know what i could of done to help him.
dieselboy
dieselboy

Female
Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by engladian Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:49 am

Glad to hear he's better now. Always a scary thing when you don't what's wrong with them or what to do about it.
engladian
engladian
Admin Team
Admin Team

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down