Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Am I overeacting? Warning icky pic - Yazmin's swollen!

+2
nikki_kev
p1nkangel
6 posters

Go down

Am I overeacting? Warning icky pic - Yazmin's swollen! Empty Am I overeacting? Warning icky pic - Yazmin's swollen!

Post by p1nkangel Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:15 am

Am I overeacting? Warning icky pic - Yazmin's swollen! 9058 I'm really worried about my girl Yazmin but I don't know if I'm overreacting or not...In the pic below you can see that she is pretty swollen at her back bits. I've read that when dogs come into heat their vulva can enlarge but this to me is weird & huge! She hasn't went off her food & she's my same little dozey dora but I am worried. I'm thinking of taking her to vets on Monday...but do you think I'm overreacting...

Am I overeacting? Warning icky pic - Yazmin's swollen! 28062008015
p1nkangel
p1nkangel

Female
Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Am I overeacting? Warning icky pic - Yazmin's swollen! Empty Re: Am I overeacting? Warning icky pic - Yazmin's swollen!

Post by nikki_kev Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:37 am

The pic is a bit unclear...but is she due to ome into season?

x
nikki_kev
nikki_kev

Female
Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Am I overeacting? Warning icky pic - Yazmin's swollen! Empty Re: Am I overeacting? Warning icky pic - Yazmin's swollen!

Post by Kyle Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:52 am

I'd take her to the vets for a check up to make sure as 6months is a bit early for a bitch to come in season although it is known to happen but that looks a little bit to big

Kyle

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by p1nkangel Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:56 am

Am I overeacting? Warning icky pic - Yazmin's swollen! 39290 She's 7 months today but I think i will take her to the vets to rule out all possible nasties.
p1nkangel
p1nkangel

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:10 pm

Yeah first seasons not often occur in 6months but when they get to 7months its a waiting game as they often do come in 7-9 months first season

Kyle

Number of posts : 69

Back to top Go down

Post by nikki_kev Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:00 pm

Hope she is ok, it may be an infection...let us know how she gets on.

x
nikki_kev
nikki_kev

Female
Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by kerri Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:17 pm

seems just like how my girl goes it looks awfull Am I overeacting? Warning icky pic - Yazmin's swollen! 550718 but if your worried i would visit the vet
let us know how you get on
kerri
kerri

Female
Number of posts : 528
Humor : I like to think its good
Registration date : 2008-02-13

http://Blazinstaff.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:26 am

Roxy looked exactly the same as that on every season. Go to the vets to put your mind at rest but I am sure it will just be her coming into season x
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:27 am

Am I overeacting? Warning icky pic - Yazmin's swollen! 550718 Wow - no wonder you're worried - it does look humongous! I'm sure its fine though - from what everyone has said it seems perfectly normal.xx
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kaziwal Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:57 pm

poor little luv and us humans think we have it bad every month!
kaziwal
kaziwal

Female
Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by engladian Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:52 am

kaziwal wrote:poor little luv and us humans think we have it bad every month!

I would still rather put up with that only 2x a year than to suffer every single month. Am I overeacting? Warning icky pic - Yazmin's swollen! 422549
engladian
engladian
Admin Team
Admin Team

Number of posts : 815

Back to top Go down

Post by p1nkangel Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:31 pm

Well everyone she had a little bleed bless her. It was ever so slight on her bedding. Seems my gurl is a woman now Am I overeacting? Warning icky pic - Yazmin's swollen! 463541

She is grand though, Still up to mischief & eating normally so all is kool thankfully. It is a horrible sight though her swollen bits. Looks like she has grown a set of clinkers lol

Thank you everyone for your replies and letting me vent my concerns. Oh & for having to look at the icky pic lol xo
p1nkangel
p1nkangel

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by engladian Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:57 am

Not too long before Angel starts too. Then you'll have to look at both their back end bits as you walk them. I don't know why but staffies seem to swell bigger than alot of other breeds.
engladian
engladian
Admin Team
Admin Team

Number of posts : 815

Back to top Go down

Post by p1nkangel Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:39 am

Eugh Debs Am I overeacting? Warning icky pic - Yazmin's swollen! 234356 Please no! Am I overeacting? Warning icky pic - Yazmin's swollen! 422549 I don't think I could bear to look or even think of the two of them in season together (cringe) not with the way it looks lol Thank the stars that its only twice a year!
p1nkangel
p1nkangel

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down