Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new staff ?

4 posters

Go down

new staff ? Empty new staff ?

Post by beedham3k4 Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:18 pm

hi im in need of some help .i own 2 staffs rome who is a 21month male and bliss a 8month old female for some mad resone im thinking of getting a 3rd but arnt to sure if it would be fair on the other 2 i also have 3kids and a cat me and the wife have talked about it and she siad it would be nice what would you guys do help :?:
beedham3k4
beedham3k4

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

new staff ? Empty Re: new staff ?

Post by engladian Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:09 am

Well, all I can say is I have 2 kids, and a cat and we plan on having 3 staffs at least before moving back to Canada. Will probably have a couple more after that due to homes with larger properties being more common there. If you have the time to train, play and exercise all, kids & dogs alike, then I don't see a problem. Is like people saying how can someone have 5 or more kids and still have time to love & nourish them all? It all fits is all, as long as the dogs all get along. Best option of course would be for another bitch. I have seen some breeders have 7 and all living in harmony unser 1 roof without kenneling at all.
engladian
engladian
Admin Team
Admin Team

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:20 am

I personally would love another staff but I dont think it would be fair on Jade - she is spolit rotten and another dog would put her nose right out of joint. Also she goes to my OH's parent during the day while we're at work and I don't think they could cope with another dog.

If you are sure that you have the time and capacity for another dog then go for it!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:14 am

I cannot see any problem but as I am sure you are aware there will be a period when things seem different whilst the dogs assert themselves into their pack order. Good luck x
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kerri Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:59 am

You also have to think about finances as having three is alot do you have enough money if something bad was to happen (accident) as thats the only reason i dont have another yet.
just a thought.
good luck in your desicion
kerri
kerri

Female
Number of posts : 528
Humor : I like to think its good
Registration date : 2008-02-13

http://Blazinstaff.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mystaffs Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:40 am

If you have the time to give individual attention, I can't see a problem. I have 5 SBT's and 5 kids (youngest is 11) and its hard work but also rewarding. Only you can decide whether getting another is the right thing for you, mine are all closely aged and It is a lot of hard work. You will have to take into consideration, what sex you will have, what if they don't get along further down the line etc.... :o
Good luck with whatever you decide.
mystaffs
mystaffs

Female
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-02

http://www.janikastco.fusiveweb.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down