Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holidays

+4
Wiretim
engladian
Admin
maddiesowner
8 posters

Go down

Holidays Empty Holidays

Post by maddiesowner Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:29 am

Hi I really want to take maddie on holiday but 2 problems 1. when she in car she pants Holidays 93328 with excitment and don't know how long she'd cope living in midlands beach holidays are at least an hour and half away. Was thinking of asking vet about a calming tablet but if anyone has any other ideas to avoid that please say, 2. Where to take her hoseaons do pet parks but quite expenisve and cheper sites don't allow dogs.

Can you help Holidays 346295
maddiesowner
maddiesowner

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Back to top Go down

Holidays Empty Re: Holidays

Post by Admin Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:57 pm

1 tip buy a car with aircon jake loves it Holidays 346295
Admin
Admin
Admin Team
Admin Team

Male
Number of posts : 282
Humor : Whats that :)
Registration date : 2008-01-30

http://bullbreeds.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by engladian Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:49 am

Pets At Home have a magazine all about holiday places that take pets. They do one every year so is always up to date. And you could try valerian for calming. It's an all natural product that you can buy at Holland & Barratts. Allot of breeders use this to calm studs they having living in the same house as a bitch in season so it's safe and it works.
engladian
engladian
Admin Team
Admin Team

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by maddiesowner Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:39 am

Great tips i have air con i usually just open windows for short trips she might calm on a long trip not sure. Got to go to pets at home weekend to get madddies birthday presents so will look for book.

Thanks again
maddiesowner
maddiesowner

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Wiretim Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:14 am

Shell Island near Barmouth in Wales is fantastic, that is, if you want to camp.....
Wiretim
Wiretim

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by kaziwal Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:09 pm

If you don't mind camping there are lots of sites that take dogs - I'm taking Lily on her first holiday to the New Forest. They even have dog showers there! Not sure how she'll cope in a tent but have only booked 3 nights just in case. Try www.ukcampsite.co.uk
kaziwal
kaziwal

Female
Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

Holidays Empty re holiday

Post by beedham3k4 Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:33 am

haven allow dogs on site as well

Last edited by beedham3k4 on Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clicked on wrong button)
beedham3k4
beedham3k4

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:44 am

I've been to quite a few holidays in Brean Sands in caravans - really nice place, ideal for dogs and not to far from the Midlands. Try www.beachsideholidaypark.co.uk - its a nice place and quite cheap.

Jade used to have valerian every day to help with her nerves and she did really well on it. You can also buy DAP collars which may help.xx
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by p1nkangel Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:20 am

kaziwal wrote:If you don't mind camping there are lots of sites that take dogs - I'm taking Lily on her first holiday to the New Forest. They even have dog showers there! Not sure how she'll cope in a tent but have only booked 3 nights just in case. Try [url=http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk
www.ukcampsite.co.uk[/quote[/url]]

Thank you so much for sharing this link, it's fantastic! I found quite a few campsites who take dogs in Southern Ireland! We wanted to go away this year & we absolutely love camping but were worried about our two girls but now we don't have too! Holidays 673667 Thank you!
p1nkangel
p1nkangel

Female
Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:17 am

I have never been camping in my life - I have always imagined being eaten alive by spiders and creepy crawlies in the night - I am such a wus! Holidays 66883
Don't think I could survive without a TV either but it seems ideal when you have a dog - and its nice and cheap once you have the equipment!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by p1nkangel Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:21 am

It's brilliant claire. I'm usually a tv hog but its so much fun. I can't wait until I take the girls with me this time. We have a super duper tent which is named hotel de castle white Holidays 422549 because my OH's surname is white & its HUGE!

We go with a group of friends usually and/or we take the kids & always have a blast. xo
p1nkangel
p1nkangel

Female
Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Wiretim Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:15 am

I'm used to the crawlies, coz i do a lot of night fishing, but yet to take the hairy pig with me!
Wiretim
Wiretim

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by nikki_kev Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:12 am

My parents have to sedate their springer collie x as she is awful in the car and is such a distraction...she is getting better now and often doesn't need to have the tablet. We crack a window so she can stick her nose out and get some fresh air...I think the air helps her calm down and not get so worked up.

also try www.dogfriendlybritain.co.uk

x
nikki_kev
nikki_kev

Female
Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:29 am

Jade is the opposite - shes fine in the car as long as we have the windows all closed which isn't good in the middle of summer!! Holidays 93328 She had a bad traffic noise phobia which shes slowly getting over but shes still dodgy in the car.

Thank god for air con!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down