Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

That's Angel now at vets for her spay op!

2 posters

Go down

That's Angel now at vets for her spay op! Empty That's Angel now at vets for her spay op!

Post by p1nkangel Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:11 am

Well that's Angel at the vets waiting on the vet ambulance to take her to the bigger practice for her spay surgery.

She is always very vocal when at the vets and today was no exception That's Angel now at vets for her spay op! E5000102 Its the perkiest I've seen her in a few weeks! She was "talking" away to the receptionist as usual, not knowing what lay ahead of her bless That's Angel now at vets for her spay op! E5000756

She's getting a blood test beforehand to make sure all is well with her before she gets the anaesthetic.

So I can't really ring vets until 2.30pm as they say that they'll not really have anything to tell me before then, but she stressed that they will phone me in case of an emergency, so i guess no news is great news!

Now its a waiting game...

ETA - Poor Yazmin is missing her! She's running around the house searching for her.
p1nkangel
p1nkangel

Female
Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

That's Angel now at vets for her spay op! Empty Re: That's Angel now at vets for her spay op!

Post by p1nkangel Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:02 am

Phoned vets at 2.28pm (thought it'd be 2.30 by time I typed number into my phone) to find that Angel is on the operating table! So i have to ring back at 4pm! Can't believe I've to wait longer now!

I've cleaned all there is to clean...I'm wondering if Yazmin would like a 3rd walk today That's Angel now at vets for her spay op! E10656

Its just as well that I dye my hair or it'd be showing up as white after all this.

So 4pm it is...and I've just had a thought...I wonder if that means she's going to come home or have to stay in overnight?!!! That's Angel now at vets for her spay op! E10625
p1nkangel
p1nkangel

Female

Back to top Go down

That's Angel now at vets for her spay op! Empty Re: That's Angel now at vets for her spay op!

Post by p1nkangel Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:16 am

Well I phoned (line was busy for 1st 5 trys grrr ) and they said she's had op & is fine!!! That's Angel now at vets for her spay op! E10757

I know its still early days but I am so relieved at the moment! She's getting transported back down to my local vets in the vet ambulance and I can pick her up around 5pm! Oh flip I'm so glad she's ok! That's Angel now at vets for her spay op! E10798

That's Angel now at vets for her spay op! E10854 Angelbella!
p1nkangel
p1nkangel

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by p1nkangel Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:46 am

OMG she's moaniing poor wee petal That's Angel now at vets for her spay op! E5000756

She jumped up on me when I went to collect her That's Angel now at vets for her spay op! E5000102 But when I took her out to the car she was disorientated and looked drunk That's Angel now at vets for her spay op! E5000754

She's in her crate now and has finally lay down...she was sitting up moaning quite a lot and shivering. I've cranked heating up so its toasty warm and have a bath towel (I don't have blankets, only duvets and their bedding is duvet type things aswell) over her and a hot water bottle. She's still shivering on occasion though...is that normal?

Also vet said she had been given pain killers and antibiotics which should do her but if she seems in pain tomorrow to ring them and they will give me stuff for her! I thought she would be in pain and need something tomorrow anyway, but apparently they say she shouldn't need anything more however each dog is different?

In a way I'm so relieved to have her home but on the otherhand I'm scared in case I can't tell if she's in pain and needs some pain relief!

I can't wait until she's fully over this. And I've to get Yazmin done in a couple of months...flip sake!

You should see them too, Yazmin is lying outside Angel's crate door bless. Yazmin hasn't a clue what is up. She went over to the crate earlier and was staring at Angel moaning, she looked concerned, then started to lick her through the cage That's Angel now at vets for her spay op! E5000756
p1nkangel
p1nkangel

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by p1nkangel Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:47 pm

Well she's been out & done a poo! Yay! No widdles yet though. Plus she hoovered up a small chicken breast like there was no tomorrow

I didn't want to feed her too much seeing as vet said she could be sick if she was fed too much, but I'll give her more later. Probably better small and often.

She's lying down again and back to sleep.
p1nkangel
p1nkangel

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kaziwal Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:20 pm

aww bless her. Give her hugs and kisses for me and I hope she's back to her normal self soon
kaziwal
kaziwal

Female
Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by p1nkangel Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:31 am

kaziwal wrote:aww bless her. Give her hugs and kisses for me and I hope she's back to her normal self soon

Thank you xx

Well she's a good bit brighter today. She was even playing with Yazmin but killjoy me had to put a stop to it That's Angel now at vets for her spay op! E5000102 I was worrying in case Angel got hurt etc

She's eaten a bit of ham this morning but won't touch her kibble or water. I'm not going to give her anymore ham though as its salty and with her not drinking water I don't want her to get dehydrated.

I brought a quilt and sleeping bags into the livingroom last night and slept on the floor with her. She had a wee bit of a moan but I think that was mainly because she needed to go to the loo, so at 3.30am I took her out & she did a widdle That's Angel now at vets for her spay op! E5000095 She also did a widdle this morning about eight.

So all seems grand except that she's not taking in any water. I've tried coaxing her but she just turns away. At the most she's taking a lick from my hand. Should this be a concern at the moment?
p1nkangel
p1nkangel

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by p1nkangel Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:55 am

Well she's drinking water! That's Angel now at vets for her spay op! E10757 So that's a worry of my mind. Now its just down to keeping her from jumping up which seems to be going ok so far...so fingers crossed she stays good like that until its all over. That's Angel now at vets for her spay op! E10863

Yazmin has tried to play rumble with her today That's Angel now at vets for her spay op! E10806 I had to shout at her bless That's Angel now at vets for her spay op! E10633

I'm just glad that my little Angelbella seems to be doing good. She does go a wee bit quiet at times but I'm sure thats down to her recovery and me not letting her play rumble That's Angel now at vets for her spay op! E5004485
p1nkangel
p1nkangel

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down